Thread: Marathon K1

Default Marathon K1

Apologies for advertising such an item on this forum, but I'm not a member of any others.

Anyway a few months ago I thought I'd have a go at the Devizes to Westminster. I can't afford a Wenonah so I had to go down the kk route. I bought the attached.

Problem is I'm too big to comfortably paddle it. I can only just get my hips in so I've decided it must go.

If your waist is smaller than 40" you will fit in it. If you're shorter than 6'4" and lighter than 17 stone you will probably find it reasonably stable, I'm told its an 8. I was quite happy in it when I too the seat out.

It doesn't seem to leak and it slips through the water like a canoe on the way to a bacon butty. A good fitness / training boat.

It's had a bit of a life, I believe it was a club boat at one point and it's got a bit of extra resin around it's bow. The rudder works, although I don't see why you need one.

I paid 250. I will take 230 from a SOTP member. If no takers I will put it on a well known auction site and take what I can get. I may be able to deliver, depending on where you live. I'm in the Peak District, but I'm driving down to Hampshire in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for looking.

K1 by recneps_nitram, on Flickr

This is now on the well known auction site, (not Christie’s!) item number 222832462801 SOTP discount still applies.

PM sent

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sold, pending funds and collection.