Thread: Nene Burns Night 2018 - The Blogg - Appetiser.

Default Nene Burns Night 2018 - The Blogg - Appetiser.

So apologies if this is a tad premature, and really hope there is not 'toe stepping', but I figured I'd start the Blogg thread as a wee

appetiser.

Being only a part time participant, I'm sure many others have better and more photos - I only took a few and then hid my camera at the bottom of a bag.

If anyone has read all through the M/T/S thread, then by the time you get to the end you'll have spotted that the original 'Main Party' group had kinda dropped off a bit and well, ultimately consisted of me. Not a problem by any means, as I've done more than a few solo paddles - although not, it has to be said, with 5 packs of heat logs, breakfast kitchen and a toilet. Please note: No criticism intended or implied here, just that peeps's plans change.

Anyway I confess to being somewhat relieved to get a call when I was 10 mins drive from the start to say I'd have some company in the handsome forms of

Bobbing Ben, Bisbrooke Hippo and Patterdale Paddler - thanks again chaps. We had a fun paddle back to the Island, with particular jocularity navigating the first lock and gracefully entering Brancey Brook - in the 1080degree triple circle sense of word graceful, as I struggled with a heavy boat in some bouncy water.

Anyway, mini adventures aside, (and ours drier than some) we came to the camp slightly moist and wind blown.

Mark had his usual awsome set up

and tarps were defintely the order of the day - as too were kilts and silly hats.

No way these photos do justice to an epic weekend of paddling, food, music (first Uke duet I've heard on a paddle trip - thanks Robin/Darryl), camaraderie - but its all I have.

I figured, though if I start a thread, I'll get to see more/better photos from everyone else.

Many thanks again to all who(m?) organised and participated.
    Cheers
    Jon

Nice visual reminders of a quality weekend Jon.

Myself and Darryl did try to fight upstream to meet you for the main party trip, but knocked it on the head when we heard you weren't on your own. We did try to let you know this but texted Nige by mistake.

Glad it all worked out in the end! Looking forward to seeing other people's photos too. Didn't manage to get any myself.

Robin
    The early bird may catch the worm... but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Nice start to the looonnnggest blog Jon. I'm still on the road trip so not sure when I'll get round to posting mine, but they are at least uploaded now.

Who's the bloke wearing schoolgirl uniform?

To keep us going until Mal posts the definitive version here's a few from our trip down from Irthlingborough to join you all at Peartree Island.........

Smiles all round at one of several low bridges.....this in the Stanwick backwater.......

Bit of a committee meeting at this one in the Addington backwater - never knew it had barbed wire on it until Hippo shoved a mitt onto it

The odd low tree too

With all the locks closed for repairs or to discharge flood water we had the place to ourselves....and jolly nice it was too

About to go roamin' in the gloamin' up to the pub in Woodford on Friday night - cosy but room for three hammocks

Kenny the Kangaroo loved the sunrise.....reminded him of the mornings back home in Queensland

At Denford - small weir into the secondary backwater - playtime

At Thrapston Nine Arches Bridge we checked in with bonarmbj and found that cankay was on way but without company - seemed like an excuse to raid the bacon sarnie shops of Thrapston and wait for him

Islip lock - we couldn't get it to completely flood so we couldn't get the arrow gates open - cue some iffy moves

...and for Hippo to do his gentleman farmer sitting on a lock gate thing

With Titchmarsh lock closed there was no choice other than to drop into Brancey Brook

One of the advance party took a swim here the day before and in fairness it is a really powerful eddy - in heavy, hard to turn boats, there is little room for error - hopefully not everybody leapt to the rescue and some photographic evidence exists?

Looking forward to Mal's and others' pix now.

Dick
    Last edited by Patterdale Paddler; 2nd-February-2018 at 08:19 AM.
    A ship should not ride on a single anchor, nor life on a single hope - Epictetus

Good to see photos. I'm home at last, but too late to start tonight and am out tomorrow with the Wildlife Trust. Will attempt to get 'em up afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Grey View Post
    Good to see photos. I'm home at last, but too late to start tonight and am out tomorrow with the Wildlife Trust. Will attempt to get 'em up afterwards.
    A few now whilst I have the chance then !

Baconsville, Thrapston.....The Bread Basket!

A place where all good canoe trips should start from...

Just keep it quiet OK!... Don't let the cake brigade know, else they'll all be wanting to come along!

It's Bacon Butties Only here...and sustenance for the trip ahead !

The put-in at Nine Arches Bridge at Thrapston, on the morning of Friday 26th January 2018....and slightly high.

Let's go!
    We'll take the low road....

and you'll take the high road....and we'll all be at Pear Tree Island by... sometime after noon-ish, Hamish!

In between...

The wonderful photo opportunities that were available that day....

This would have been a great shot, had the guy leaving the pub a few nights back, decided to get a taxi instead!

Ever onwards...

"Did you just say... "Would I like a wet?" - "Would I, like a wet!"

Later that day after the sun had set....

Terry does sausage curry....without the curry bit! (....and it was just as good! )

Before knocking us out with his musical and lyrical skills....

Leaving those amongst us with the skill & ability to join in with him....and what a night it was for the rest of us - absolutely fantastic!

What a week-end! (Still can't get over it!)

...and this was just night before! - 'The Works Party!'

Talented bunch ain't they!

On now to Saturday 27th January 2018.....

A big thank you now to all the Haggis Handlers ,Smoked Salmon quality controllers and all of the neaps and tattie bashers....

Without you guys....

This show, would have been a no show! - THANK-YOU!

What a week-end!

With memories now to cherish...

Many thanks now to one and all for putting in so much effort and making the week-end what is was - outstanding!

If you're not in any of the above pics (or any of Mals that are about to be posted) pls. don't think that you have got away it yet! As I have around another 100 or so to choose from!
    Last edited by Bonarmbj; 6th-February-2018 at 01:21 AM.
    Keep yer paddles wet, and powder dry....

MB

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((( ((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

...with a few more or so yet tae post, pending of course the anticipated shots from Mc Mal, I have to post this one (or three ) tonight Jon, as presentation to me is just about, everything!

Couldn't have done this without help from the Smoked Salmon Quality Controller, who's motto that day was.. "Make one, eat one, umm, nice! - Make one, eat one, umm, very nice! - and, now, repeat!"

Aye, laddie, and what's wrong wi' that then ?

"Gi' the wee man a few drams for his efforts!

"Aye, and Ill drink tae that!"
    Last edited by Bonarmbj; 6th-February-2018 at 01:12 AM.

MB

Great photos chaps - keep 'em coming.

"Terry does sausage curry....without the curry bit! (....and it was just as good! )"

Hilarious
    I was so hoping to impress with my sausage curry and Gujarati green bean curry.
    Instead ended up with sausage, onion and grated cheese, cooked dropped green beans, lightly coated in Peartree island mud. mmmm ,

Wish I could have stayed for the haggis n salmon and music on the Saturday.
    Mind you, my legs would look like a couple of wet Woodbines in a kilt. geyt tah.
    Pics so far look great.
    Atb Terry

So here we go....

The Advanced Party, plus a member of Independent Group 2, met at Thrapston on Friday. Here they also discovered half of the Main Crew, due Saturday, but none of Independent Group 1, so that bit had actually worked. Meanwhile Independent Group 3 was heading in entirely the wrong direction...

Fortunately, all that really mattered was getting on the water, and having at least some cars at the other end by Sunday afternoon. Soon they were afloat by the lovely 9 arch bridge.

Some were only afloat by a matter of inches, and presumably with some sneaky hidden helium airbags or something to counteract the weight of a Scots Baronial Flat Pack Castle.

The Advanced Party headed off, along with some of the Main Crew but none of the Independent Groups, neither 1, 2 or 3. This was now the Advance Main Party Crew. Possibly.

After several moments of blissful paddling, they came to their first obstacle, Islip Guillotine, where inattentive paddlers are dispatched.

The Clan Chief and Cook, Mc Bonar, spotted something moving in the undergrowth, I suspect, and this was quickly given the Coup-de-Grâce with a lock windlass.

Most of the Advance Main Party Crew, sank gently downwards alongside the remains of an unfortunate stag, before reuniting lock keepers with their canoes.

The river opened out and, with a good strong flow and a tail wind, the paddling was easy. Mc Pete tried to impersonate a cormorant and dried his wings.

McKenan just looked puzzled.

Boaty McBoatface was still above water.

It was actually a lovely, stunning, place to paddle, and whilst there was plenty of banter, there was plenty of relaxation too.

Having tried making progress with arms alone, Mc Pete now inspected the strange big wooden paddle thing he'd been handed, and tried to work out what to do with it. The instructions said Big Dipper, so he dipped it.

All too soon, the Advance Main Partly-a-crew reached their next obstacle. Here they disembarked and, after a mere 10 or 15 portage loads each, lowered themselves down into the turbulent waters below.

Despite a strong eddy, everybody paid attention and nobody accidentally-reversed-into-the-weir-whilst-reaching-for-a-bailer-thus-successfully-transferring-water-between-river-and-canoe. To understand the relevance of this comment, please ask Broadsman.

The Partly a Crew now headed onwards, down the narrow winding sides of this rather pleasant backwater, the Brancey Brook. This should clearly be somewhere from Middle Earth, perhaps a backwater of the Brandywine?

The lovely road bridge was successfully negotiated by all paddlers, something not achieved by all drivers, judging by the lack of stone in certain parts of the parapet...

Shortly after that, they arrived at the "remote" Pear Tree Island. Which isn't an island. And has no Pear Trees. A lovely spot indeed. Camp was soon set up. Well, in less than an hour or two.

Suddenly, fast paddling noises were heard. This noise is not something familiar to many of the Party Crew, so they knew something was afoot. Mc Stewart quickly launched a drone to inspect, and see if defensive action was required.

No, it was Mc Robin. We'd been worried about running out of water, and everybody had been instructed to bring plenty. Mc Rob had chosen to supplement this by carrying large quantities of river water within his layers of clothing for some reason.

The rest of Independent Group 2, logically a day ahead of Independent Group 1, and including more of the Main Party, arrived at a more gentle pace. We were now the Advanced Main Independent Party Crew. Or were we the Main Independent Party Advanced Crew> Or the Partly Advanced Crew Independent Mains?

Stuff happened. Mostly to do with fire, and burning things. There was also food, and singing, and guitar, and other noises. Few photos survive of this period.

After a remarkably early night that was barely even tomorrow, the Independent Crew Main Advanced Party headed for bed.....

(Continued)
    Last edited by Mal Grey; 6th-February-2018 at 08:40 PM.

Default Saturday

The sun rose, similar in colour to the fire of the night before.

By now, the Flat Pack Baronial Castle had taken shape nicely.

Mc Terry unfortunately had to leave us, but we had at least had the pleasure of his musical talents the night before, especially the superb self-penned ones such as "Family Man" and "The Glen Elg Ferry".

The wood supply had been looking somewhat depleted, though more was on the way with the Indendent Group 1 + Lonely Remaining Main Party Member. Some of us volunteered to head off on a major expedition in the strong winds to find some rare dead hanging wood for the group. We found it about two hundred yards from camp, enough to re-burn Rome. This was added to the elegant wood store.

Finally, we were awoken from an afternoon siesta by the dulcet clones of a marauding bunch of Highlanders.

And, it being a Scottish themed weekend, a kangaroo kalled Kenny. OK, Kenny has history, and has appeared in lyrical form from the talent of Mr Broadsman on previous occasions. And it was the day after Australia Day.

All but Independent Group 3, Mc Fran, who hadn't even set off yet due to having ended up in Plymouth instead of Peterborough. This was apparently deliberate and hopefully involves future selection for a voyage to Exotic Parts, so she was forgiven.

The Main Independent Advanced Group Party Crew were now otherwise fully assembled. As such, they needed feeding, and Mc Bonar would provide the first, and most of the later, course.

These were quickly disposed of. Now instruction were issued to the Peelers and Mashers, whilst Mc Bonar skinned and de-boned the Haggis.

Mc Robin also produced a rather excellent home made cullen skink, presumably made using that Northamptonshire Haddock he'd leapt bravely from his canoe to catch the day before. Mc Bonar supplemented this by Highland broths.

Darkness fell and Mc Bonar slaved on.

The rest of us re-hydrated as best we could.

The Peelers and Mashers, resigned to their fate, awaited tattie stomping like condemned men.

There were more red headed people than I remembered arriving with.

At last the Peelers and Mashers could show us their style. Minutes of training had obviously gone into their routine.

Meanwhile, after squealing a little when first thrown in the pot, the haggis simmered nicely.

Finally, both were released. Having already removed the legs, all Mc Bonar had to do was to gut the poor creature.

To mark the passing and sacrifice of this poor wee Heilan' Beastie, Mc Ian said the appropriate words.

Finally, the Clan could descend on the carcass. For a few satisfied minutes, all went quiet.

The bar arrived. OK, the bar had opened around mid-afternoon, but the whisky macs had not been included.

Then, at last, and with fanfare of pipes, Mc Fran, Independent Group 3, arrived. After having driven for 5 hours, unpacked and paddled downstream in the dark, alone with a box full of cream, fruit and alcohol, which was quickly transformed into the legendary Franachan .

The music recommenced, now supplemented with the pipes.

The less said, the better.

(Continued, I'm afraid. Might even be some paddlin')

Default Sunday

The wind howled through the trees through the night. Nobody heard it.

Eventually, at the crack of mid-morning, faces appeared from tent and tarp. Some considerable time later, the same faces appeared on the river, ready for the trip downstream to the cars. Now altogether, the various Groups, Crews and Parties were now a modest McArmada.

It was pretty windy getting round the bends just below camp, but after that the river swung eastwards, and the winds were largely behind us.

The locals were disturbed. Frankly, I don't blame them. Being chased by a Kangaroo in a Canoe is not something I would fancy myself.

Wadenhoe Church looked beautiful.

At the first weir, a useful portage platform has been built. And defended by a less useful fence. We used neither and dragged across the grass to the pool below.

The backwater was very pleasant indeed, if short.

The river meandered down towards Lilford, where another lock awaited. There is something vaguely threatening about Nene locks, with their immense guillotines and water pouring over the upstream gates threatening those below.

The ornamental bridge and Lilford Hall add a bit of class.

The remaining few miles were pretty much in a straight line with the wind behind us, flow with us, and time on our hands. Sometimes, sideways windsurfing was a relaxing way to travel.

Lunch was declared, though shelter was lacking.

The final mile was pleasant paddling, with just the odd sideways gust to keep us awake.

Approaching Barnwell, a red kite, one of many we'd seen, came down for a close pass.

A few final narrowboats marked the return to "civilization" and then we were at the lock, and the finish.

Yet another fantastic mad weekend in boats. Long may they continue!

Massive thanks to Mark, of course, ably supported with food by Robin and Fran, and helped along the way by various peelers, stompers, mashers, salmon cutters etc, etc. Thanks to the musicians for some great sessions and to the many folk who brought and chopped wood, supplied water, tarps, and of course special mention to Jon for the lovely Small Tent over in the corner of the field above a long drop and especially for the clearing and filling of it.

In summary though, thanks to every one, everybody played their part through the whole weekend!

A brilliant blog of a brilliant weekend ��

That looked like a great weekend. Well blogged folks.
    Big Al.

Only when the last tree has died
    and the last river been poisoned
    and the last fish been caught
    will we realise we cannot eat money.
    ~Cree Indian Proverb

What a great looking weekend. Well done to all those involved.

Great times are had, not by what you do, but who you choose to do it with.

Excellent as usual Mal

Simply.........Brilliant!!
    If I could only paddle like a doggie oughta paddle

Great bloggage Mal. Really enjoyed seeing all the pictures.

Robin

Great additional pics and blog to this thread Mal.
    All the best Terry

I don’t have loved to have been able to make it but it wasn’t to be.
    werious credit yet again to the force of nature that is MBJs kitchen and to all who contributed in whatever way.
    It is a true credit to the absurd.
    MarkL
    www.canoemassifcentral.com
    Open Canoe hire/outfitting in the Massif Central
    ”We will make your trip work”

Mal,
    Once again you've nailed it again fella!
    Esp. so, when I and many others see these great pics posted on the apres canoe trip blogs, and cant recall you having your camera out at 'the time of aperture'....stunning work!

MB

Jon,
    With only just 'a tad further 88' pics or so still on my files....(none of which will so far duplicate any of those so far posted) would it be acceptable if I posted.... just a few more?
    With some of them naturally reflecting the true credit of absurdity, and that of it still yet to come in 2018 (i.e. "Not Another Mexican Night on the Basingstoke Canal!" (To be said with a good West Country/Bristolian accent!) and then after..... at a time and location still yet to be confirmed.... A Return to 'Curry On Up The Khyber!' - The Nene here springs to mind!

Right, where was I ?

Oh, yeah....

RSVP Jon...

MB

But, not before I offer Kmac Ken a very public apology for getting my facts wrong, I was very wrong here ..re..'sticking to the plan stan'. I appologise most sincerely to you now, and if this has caused you offence or embarrassment, I re-affirm once again what I have already said.

If your impression as stated, that I am a racist, then please, please think again. I have since the age of 18 worked all around the globe, not holidayed around it, but worked around it. With more nationalities than I can probably list 'reet the noo' with a consolidated 10 years solid working for an Arab company 60 days on/30 days off working offshore on dive barges and dive support vessels in the Persian Gulf with multi-nationalities.....and during that time and since...have never been accused of being racist.

I'm sure that I'm not.

I've been trying to cobble up paddle suppers since 2010 and they don't always go right, and I'm still trying to teach myself to cook, it's hard work at times, esp. when you've left school with nothing....so bear with me Ken!

I'm a Falklands War Veteran that fought alongside B Company 3 Para on Mt. Longdon in 1982, which has haunted me for the last 36yrs. 36yrs of trying to get my head strait and forget a war that just won't go away!.....

My therapy since, has been to get out there and canoe...go camp when it's cold...but this time in luxury - have a fire & eat some good hot food! - Hell yeah!...and this time round, you don't have to carry everything on your back for the next 4 weeks! (or sleep in a wet shell-scrape or sangar up when you cant!)

Probably a little bit too much information here...but, if you're reading this and into or qualified in mental health pls. give me a shout - though to be honest, I think that I'm doing alright so far....

As now for anger management! - Where's that recipe book!?

MB

[QUOTE=Bonarmbj;652603 If your impression as stated, that I am a racist, then please, please think again.[/QUOTE]

This hole that I'm digging myself into isn't getting much better is it!

MB

Jon,With only just 'a tad further 88' pics or so still on my files....(none of which will so far duplicate any of those so far posted) would it be acceptable if I posted.... just a few more?
    Feel free to add as many as you would like - the more the merrier in fact. I only started the blog 'cos I had a few not very good photos, so figured best to get them out of the way first. Saw Mal with a camera, so new there would be much better to follow.

In belief now that I have had made peace with the Kmac paddler....

Here's a few shots of the Northamptonshire Deforestation Crew!
    With Rob leading the way!

With fellow compatriots arriving on our starboard side... (Depending very much on which way the Whisky Macs were served! )

and also....

Those of you who chose to venture further upstream that day....with nothing ventured, and nothing gained - You gained it al that day fellas, as can be very much seen!

Camp Ventured!

Where all is not lost...

On the chords alone....

Sometimes we all have to sing off of the same song sheet!

Whatever the metal guru!

Have to scoot now, with more pcs yet to follow, if you haven't already lost the will to live, that is!
    Last edited by Bonarmbj; 11th-February-2018 at 02:09 AM.

MB

Bear with me now everybody , as I just have to get these pics out, as I'm sure some out there'll be happy to keep a few pics for future reference.....as in, I'l be putting my name down for this again next year...or, never again thank you!

So, getting back now to the week-end in question, whether you were 'signed up' to the Advance (Works) Party, Main Party or indeed any of the three Independent parties all inbound for Peartree Island that week-end.....

Who booked the band?

Well done to you! Now is that the Big Bopper.... or the Big Dipper on lead paddle!

The Big Bopper....

Pete does a most impressive impression of Eugene from the Walking Dead!

Heading downstream from the Nine Arches Bridge at Thrapston, with a near full-on boat load, and not uncomfortable about it at all. Esp. so after an earlier walk through down to Islip lock and back with Stewart and Martin before breakfast....

The lock gates at Islip....

As Pete paddles through....

Followed by Mal shunting a large barge through....

Had this paddle occasion been an otherwise 'Curry On' Up the Khyber evening, then I would have filled my boat full of exotic spices from around the globe and some 40kgs of red onions...
    And then it would have been Mal shunting a large barge Onion Bargee through!

Probably best now if I fetch my coat!

As the Guillotine of Damocles once again hangs above the heads of the Paddling Classes....

There will be more....just bear with it!
    Last edited by Bonarmbj; 13th-February-2018 at 12:10 AM.

MB

I also took this one of Ken paddling through the lock with Stewart astern.....

I would have posted it above...but felt it prudent not too, until here, after recently having my head completely ripped off by Ken after I gave him some earache (after I got my facts all wrong!) with ref. to Sticking to the Plan Stan....

With my sincere apologies and regrets already sent, I'm hoping now that all toys, and dummies, are now firmly back in the cot!
    Last edited by Bonarmbj; 12th-February-2018 at 11:14 PM.

MB

Coming soon....

The Weirpool of Doom! (Here be Haddock!)

"It's the pool of doom, and your'e all going to die!""

"Mr. Witt Sir, be quiet now will you, there's a good gentleman, you'll upset the lads ".

MB

Other downstream put-ins for heavy boats are also available...

If you want to live!
    Last edited by Bonarmbj; 13th-February-2018 at 12:07 AM.

The picture doesn't really do justice to the weirpool of doom - I remember it being a lot more ferocious.

- I remember it being a lot more ferocious.
    So does Robin .

I say that, being a cm or two away from a swim myself, and doing at least three full circles clearing the swirling eddy/turbulence.

I was just setting you up for that Jon

Quote Originally Posted by kmac View Post
    The picture doesn't really do justice to the weirpool of doom - I remember it being a lot more ferocious.
    From Robin's description, this must have been it:

corryvreckan.jpg

I was just setting you up for that Jon
    Slam dunk! Go team, go team

Thanks for the extra photos Mark, great to see the first day pics.

Looks like an awesome weekend guys
    Cheers
    Tim

Paddles a Prospector

Oh you guys! Yep that's the badger that dismounted me and took my honour. I believe there was also a 30ft water serpent that rose from the centre of the whirlpool and stole my field logging spade. Such is life on the Nene.

Robin,
    You badge of honour is still very much in place my friend - Hell Yeah!

You may have taken an unwanted dip in The Weirpool of Doom, and somehow survived, whilst chasing Haddock for soup that evening, and then after turning up at the campsite with plenty of of extra water infused into everything that you were wearing or carrying that day.....

Please now accept the upgrade from The Friends of the River Nene to Total Hero of the River Nene!

MB

Quote Originally Posted by cankay.org.uk View Post
    Slam dunk! Go team, go team

Thanks for the extra photos Mark, great to see the first day pics.
    Not too sure now how long I can keep this up Jon. or indeed how long may other paddlers here can bear with it any longer!

In the meantime however....here's a pic (or three) of 'several' that are now all ready to roll from the Day 2 Burns Night Experience!.....

Probably best now, from here on in, that neither of us 'proclaim' too much.....as the Day 2 pics now start to roll in....

As I have noted closely here that you have whisked 500 times, and that you would indeed whisk 500 more....just to be the paddler that whisks a thousand times, just to fall doon at Frans Crannachan front door!

Cue the music!

MB

There are some things in life that are well worth whisking your life for.....
    I now rest my Pelican case, you honour!

MB

Cue the music, the Bagpipe music!

Stewart on the Pipes! (Or something very similar to that! )

I guess now that's my three tonight....

MB

Keep 'em coming, 19 now posted of the claimed 88. At 3 a night, that's still another 3 and a bit week's worth of posts!!!

I still don't quite understand why those bagpipes are quite so hilarious every year. But they are!

Is there still an appetite for a few more pics...?

Here's a few that may whet those anticipating whistles if there is!

Rob and Mal getting it on! (The Chicken stir-fry was just awesome Mal! )

With Robins damp underwear now steaming quite well, coming up a shining second, having had the Haddock surgically removed!

Just astern of Darlys most-rapidly de-frosting Chilli Beef with Garlic Bread... and something else in the pot! (Remind me now, Daryl, what was in the pot?) Hopefully not Robin's socks!

With the heady aromatics that evening of weir pool Haddock being removed from (very much) damp underwear, the which of then being steamed beside the fireplace, and with the wafts of frozen Chilli Beef being defrosted over an open fire....(Brilliant! ) Loved it!

I have to leave you all now,with just one thought....

Is it now just beginning look like Christmas? .......(with remnants of Martins tree now on the fire)

Or is Ken just the Devil!
    Last edited by Bonarmbj; 22nd-February-2018 at 01:22 AM.

MB

'Hanging the Haddock'...

Enjoy now the picture above , as from here on in, 'Hanging the Haddock' will now very much be 'part of the furniture' as far as Burns Night goes, wherever we have it....and may it be long on the Nene!
    Last edited by Bonarmbj; 22nd-February-2018 at 01:17 AM.

MB

Anyone got any shots of the blue flames?

Robin

Perhaps long before your time Robin, Pic of the blue flames as requested.
    Georgie Flame and the BLUE FLAMES, Georgie's the one sitting at the piano/organ.

Atb Terry

With a whole backlode of threads now to catch up with, you go straight to the top of the queue with this one!

No pictures here of any blue flames unfortunately, but if you manage to 'left and right click' quickly on the left and right arrows on your keyboard, with the below pics from that night in question.... you will get Martin flaming some Blues!

This may have been Mustang Sally....

So slow that Mustang down!

If this doesn't work here, cut and paste the pics and try it somewhere else to make it work.....and if YOU can then add a soundtrack, well the sky's the limit from here on in!

MB