Thread: BC consultation - dates for other venues

Default BC consultation - dates for other venues

I don't think these dates have been posted here yet, info taken from the BC website:

British Canoeing announce dates for 2018 members roadshow

British Canoeing is going on the road during February and March to update members on the launch of Club Associate membership and plans for new Access and Environment campaign.

These events are a great chance to hear about the exciting work British Canoeing has planned in 2018 and to see progress made to date against the strategic plan.

The session will cover:
    Access and Environment

British Canoeing is committed to providing strong leadership and a clearer direction on the issue of access for canoeists. Our aim is to unify the paddling community behind a common vision for shared access to waterways in England and Wales and to ultimately create an opportunity for a change in legislation.
    In spring British Canoeing plans to launch a new campaign on access and environment; including a charter outlining our core beliefs as well as a positive vision for the future for ‘Clear Waters’.This will be used to present a clear case to Government and key partners.
    British Canoeing wants your input to help shape the vision and secure your support behind the campaign.
    Club Associate Membership

During the Membership Review during last summer, the introduction of a Club Associate category was well supported. We are moving into the implementation of this category, together with the other improvements to our individual membership categories.
    To launch the scheme and make it successful for clubs and club members, we need your help. This session will outline the changes to the club affiliation process, a chance to view the two routes available and hold discussions on club uses and challenges they may face.

The Roadshow events will run through these areas in more detail and will provide an opportunity for members to ask questions about the proposals and provide feedback.
    The Roadshow Series will visit 13 locations in February and March.
    Alongside a session on the Club Associate Membership and Access the events aim to provide members with an opportunity to:

• Find out about some of the early progress made towards the ambitions within the strategic plan, Stronger Together
    • Meet with and raise questions with the CEO David Joy, senior staff and Board Members who will be present.

All of the events will be held from 7pm to 9pm. Refreshments will be served from 6.30pm.
    The dates and locations for the events are below:

Date Time Region Location
    Wednesday 31 January 2018 6:30 - 9:00 Yorkshire 1 Altofts Lane, Castleford, West Yorkshire WF10 5QB - Please note this event will only cover access
    Tuesday 6 February 2018 7:30-9:30 South East MaidstoneCanoe Club, Maidstone, ME16 0SN
    Wednesday 7 February 2018 6:30-9:00 East Essex County Cricket Ground, CM2 0PG
    Tuesday 13 February 2018 6:30-9:00 Yorkshire 2 Sheffield Hallam University, City Campus, Sheffield, S1 1WB
    Tuesday 20 February 2018 6:30-9:00 West Midlands Stafford & Stone CC, Westbridge Park, Stone ST15 0EX
    Wednesday 21 February 2018 6:30-9:00 North West Salmesbury War Memorial Hall, Samlesbury, Preston, PR5 0UY
    Monday 26 February 2018 6:30-9:00 South Waterside Youth & Community Centre, Newbury, RG14 1DS
    Wednesday 28 February 2018 6:30-9:00 South West 1 Poole Harbour Canoe Club, Poole, BH15 4LR
    Thursday 1 March 2018 6:30-9:00 South West 2 River Dart Country Park, Ashburton, TQ13 7NP
    Tuesday 6 March 2018 6:30-9:00 East Midlands Quorn Grange Hotel, Quorn, LE12 8DB
    Tuesday 13 March 2018 6:30-9:00 London Leaside, Spring Road, London, E5 9HQ
    Wednesday 14 March 2018 6:30-9:00 Cumbria Lakeland Climbing Centre, Lake District Business Park, Kendal, LA9 6NH
    Thursday 15 March 2018 6:30-9:00 North East Premier Inn, Kingsway North, Gateshead, NE11 0BE

We will update as details become available.
    Please register your attendance in advance so we can send you any updates and joining instructions.
    To register please click here. Joining instructions will be sent to everyone who registers for the events.

I've signed up for Preston on the 21st.
    "I'd far rather be happy than right any day"..........Slartibartfast

http://apachecanoes.com

Eton on the banks of the River Thames between Windsor and Slough

I've signed up for Newbury.
    Fran

Photobucket stole my sig

Romsey, Paddle estuaries within an hour, also club member and coach, and scout canoeing helper

I will be at Newbury
    Brevan
    Brevan,
    The truth (about Rights of Navigation) is out there
    Romsey, Hampshire
    Twitter: BrevanM
    Follow my blog at http://riveraccessrights.blogspot.com/