Thread: Photographic exhibition, Richmond, N Yorks

Default Photographic exhibition, Richmond, N Yorks

Having checked with Mr Kelly that I'm ok to do this, I'd like to let everyone know my first solo photographic exhibition is opening soon at the Station gallery, Richmond, N. Yorks. Running from 10-21st Feb, I will be showing a collection of landscape prints themed around water the landscape. Quite a lot of them were shot from a canoe, or from places reached by canoe, and some have featured in blogs on here.
    The prints are in a limited edition of 10 and will be available for sale at the gallery (and once I've worked out how to do it, through my website www.northpeakphotography.co.uk as well). I printed them all myself, on fine art Hahnemuhle paper using archival quality pigment inks, although the mounting and framing has been done by a local framer.
    It's been a long process from the original idea being planted and nurtured by various photographic friends, and with only a few weeks to go, it's finally starting to feel real. I will be at the gallery between 10.30am and 2pm on both days of the opening weekend. If anyone fancies a look, be sure to say hello.

Well done Gordon!

I'd have loved to come there, meet and support it especially given the location but it'll be a bit too far

best wishes with it though. I always enjoy what you post here and look forward to seeing more.
    MarkL
    www.canoemassifcentral.com
    Open Canoe hire/outfitting in the Massif Central
    ”We will make your trip work”

Remind us nearer the time and I'll flag it up through the Regional Development Team

Congratulations Gordon and well deserved. Hope the exhibition is a great success for you mate.

I echo what Mark said in post 3. I hope it goes well.
    Nin Wanakiwidee Tchiman

So the prints are all framed and I'm in the process of getting them all on the gallery wall today. It's looking good so far...

All the best with it Gordon!.........hope all goes well
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Hope it goes well

Might drop in when i go up to Thorp perro near Bedale next week

Do you have an address ir postcode for the galery?

Ewan

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Station Yard, Richmond DL10 4LD
    It'd be great to see you there - be sure to say hello if I'm there

Thanks

Might get a chance to pop in this afternoon

Do you know what time the gallery is open until as they're not answering the phone and it's not clear on the website

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The gallery is open while the building is, so if there's a late film showing in the cinema you should be able to get in.
    The shopshuts at 7pm Wednesdays and 5pm (I think) other days.
    I'll be up there again this Sunday afternoon until about 4pm

How's it going Gordon? Good feedback? Sales?

Really well - 12 sales, which is more than I hoped for, and some lovely feedback. It's been great talking to people about my images, photography in general and a bit of paddling. I've met some really interesting people while they've viewed the exhibition.
    I'll be up there again tomorrow for a few hours and it's running still until 21st.

Brilliant, really glad it is going well for you

Last chance to visit tomorrow - I'll be taking the exhibition off the wall Thursday morning.
    And a big thank you for the support on this thread too. It's the first time I've done this so it's been a bit of a step in the dark.

Now that you know what's involved I bet the World is your lobster !!!!!!!

It was an interesting process. I think next time will be easier! I finished with 16 sales, and made some good contacts too.
    I just need to decide if I want to push this or just take the opportunities as they come along.

So the exhibition is all wrapped up, and was far more successful than I could have hoped. It has had a few spin-offs, one of which has been to turn it into a photobook. The original plan had been to collect all the exhibition work into one place, keep a copy for myself and give one to my father for his 80th, but the book has been very well received as well, so I have made it available for sale through Bobbooks, who produce excellent quality 'self-published' work.
    If anyone is interested, it can be found here: https://www.bobbooks.co.uk/bookshop/...ook/waterscape The link will take you to their bookstore where it can be ordered. Price £85