Thread: River Teme Shropshire / Worcestershire

Default River Teme Shropshire / Worcestershire

I am searching for paddlers to join me on the Teme to paddle different sections of this river below Ludlow to Worcester. Ideally this would be during the working week and dependent on weather and river levels.

I'm up for doing that. Will need reasonable notice if during the working week though.

Could be interested , mid week fine.keep me in the loop please.

Quote Originally Posted by Impcanoe View Post
    Could be interested , mid week fine.keep me in the loop please.
    Tuesday 16th or anytime except Wednesday the following week. Time & venue to be confirmed. Grade 2 max on one section, grade 1 the rest.

I've just looked at UK rivers guide, and have to admit that there is nothing there that does much to attract me to make the trip, sorry. On top of which my WW boat is being refitted, which will take a week or so between grandparent duties. Maybe you know more than the 2010 info?

I've just looked at UK rivers guide, and have to admit that there is nothing there that does much to attract me to make the trip, sorry. On top of which my WW boat is being refitted, which will take a week or so between grandparent duties. Maybe you know more than the 2010 info?
    I quite understand, its not flatwater but hardly challenging.

It seems worse than that, damaged or dangerous or boat damaging weirs..

I don't know where you got that info, I have paddled the Teme in a kayak for many years at all levels and accompanied my friend in a canoe a few times. The section from Ludlow Castle to Ashford Carbonel has 5 weirs and natural rock shelves grade 3 depending on level. Ashford to Tenbury Wells has 1 broken weir and rock shelves grade 2. below Tenbury grade 1 with several broken weirs 1 measuring weir at Knightwick and a weir about 1/2 mile before its confluence with the Severn.

May be interested but would need further details of times locations etc.

Well I didn't make it up. I looked on the usually reasonably informed uk rivers guide. Admittedly the info was 2010, but no one had published any rebuttal.

Well I didn't make it up. I looked on the usually reasonably informed uk rivers guide. Admittedly the info was 2010, but no one had published any rebuttal.
    Just read the guide, the last time I did Ludlow to Little Hereford was in 2012 without any problems, however that was in a kayak. Probably do a lower section Ashford to Tenbury or Tenbury to Stanford.

Unfortunately have to cancel this trip as a problem with my vehicle manifested itself this morning
    Last edited by Truckman; 14th-January-2018 at 11:16 AM.