Thread: Mid-Life or bit further on crisis?

Default Mid-Life or bit further on crisis?

Just bought what I am gambling upon being a modern classic car that is increasing in value. I may have to keep it a few years to get a really good return but will have fun in it in the meantime

1994 Toyota Celica GT4 ST205 World Rally Championship homologation car. Only 2500 were made and the UK version appears to be VERY rare! This car was an original Toyota Press car and I have old magazine articles that feature it and it was also driven by a very young looking Jeremy Clarkson on "Top Gear". The video is still available here http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2npj6w Yep, that's my actual car.
    The car is in really nice condition for a 24 year old. I need to get a little bit of bodywork tarted up but it's very sound mechanically. Can't wait to give it a good thrashing around the brilliant roads on my doorstep

Does the roof rack fit?

Interesting and rare motor. I'm sure the essence of Clarkson will come out with a good upholstery cleaner. I bet it will go like stink on a back country B-road.

My own mid-life crisis involved a damp inflatable floating thing, then a 16' long plastic thing and a sudden requirement that all cars did 50mpg+, had a large boot, and didn't care about being filled with muddy stuff.
    Paddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac: Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Grey View Post
    Does the roof rack fit?

Interesting and rare motor. I'm sure the essence of Clarkson will come out with a good upholstery cleaner. I bet it will go like stink on a back country B-road.

My own mid-life crisis involved a damp inflatable floating thing, then a 16' long plastic thing and a sudden requirement that all cars did 50mpg+, had a large boot, and didn't care about being filled with muddy stuff.
    Roof rack won't fit but keeping the Hyundai anyway so it doesn't matter.
    Essence of Clarkson will be removed with a full-on valet This is a toy and hopefully an investment but will have fun while I wait patiently for it to appreciate