Thread: River Arrow Redditch/ Alcester

Default River Arrow Redditch/ Alcester

Has anyone paddled the river arrow? I'm thinking of the stretch down from Redditch to Studley Alcester and on. I've fished it plenty in the past and I'm aware there would be a few narly bits as it's rather unloved in places but as i recall still a lovely little river.

I haven't paddled anywhere on the arrow, I'm in the reasonable vicinity if you want
    to give it ago. Have you a time/day in mind

Hi Lee, yeah that would be good. I want to have a look at access and rights etc as I don't know anything about it but would be up for a go at it. Would probably not happen this side of xmas though tbh. Atb Daz.

Hi all, I can't find anything about this little river with regards to paddling access so I'm thinking of just getting on it when time permits. Is there likely to be restrictions on a small river. It runs out of parkland in redditch then farmland then through Alcester and then joins with the Alne.

Having had a quick look at it on Google Earth, it looks quite interesting. I've also driven over and past bits of it in Alcester, Arrow and glimpsed it from various roads. Are you thinking of getting on at Arrow Valley Lake, and making your way downstream from there? Is there a launch fee at Arrow Valley Lake? There might be problems if the river flows through the grounds of Coughton Court, as there were with another NT property - Charlecote Hall! I reckon it's about 10 miles from AVL to Alcester, so it would be a long day to do it all in one, if the levels are low or there are blockages to get round/through/over.
    Juvanile delinkwit, vaguely faffing around with a pair of pliers. Du skal ikke tro at du er bedre end mig!

I was thinking so to begin with but i think it is a bit small and knarly up there, so Studley or Alcester may be better options. The section after the Alne meets it I know nothing about but may end up being a nice and obviously larger piece of water to canoe. I just think it should be fun trying. Who knows eh. Atb Daz.

I'm planning a couple of hours on the canal at Hanbury near Droitwich on Saturday morning, there's a good section without any locks down there. If anyone is in the vicinity and fancies a pootle let me know. Don't know if you're up for this one Lee as the rivers are a mess at the mo so I figure you can't go wrong on the cut!

Wondering whether you were still interested in having a go at paddling this section of the Arrow?

Hi Lee, I'd still like a pop at it but not sure when as I'm rammed till late June/July soz. Also not looked at the access either yet. It joins the Avon at Evesham but it's a bit of a mystery to me between Alcester and there tbh. But would go as and when time allows if you like. Atb Daz.

No worries
    if i can find parking near to suitable access to the avon, i may go up towards Alcester at the weekend and have a gander.

Hi Lee, looks like the Arrow joins the Avon near Salford Priors so I wondered if the section from the Fish pub at Wixford down, or Alcester to Wixford could be nice. Not sure about parking myself but I may be tempted ask the pub if parking there for put in or take out would be an issue. When are you thinking of having a look at it?