Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woking Basingstoke Canal Cleanup - Sunday 10th December 2017

Thanks for organising Mal and Fiona for taking away all the rubbish and providing all the equipment. Well done to everyone who came out today particularly Adrian who came all the way from Bournemouth!

My feet were cold but apart from that i was fine. I wished it had snowed a bit more - Frans car had a nice covering. Hardly any wind.

Mal, any chance you could send me some pics for the press? Can you also lookup the length of that paddle with the weird handle.. i would like to try it again please.

Thanks for Fran and Fiona for being supportive and giving advice regarding a Coracle event. Obviously, need to look into it a bit more but i think it could be a great fund raiser. (Thanks for the suggestion Stew)

BigYellowTractor, come to the next paddle on the wey and you can try out my canoe. I was hoping we would cook but it was too cold today, perhaps next time.

Adrian, would love to come up to Poole in the new year, let me know if you are free one weekend. I know some others maybe interested.

Cheers!

Maj

Quote Originally Posted by silverbeard View Post
    Thanks for organising Mal and Fiona for taking away all the rubbish and providing all the equipment. Well done to everyone who came out today particularly Adrian who came all the way from Bournemouth!

My feet were cold but apart from that i was fine. I wished it had snowed a bit more - Frans car had a nice covering. Hardly any wind.

Mal, any chance you could send me some pics for the press? Can you also lookup the length of that paddle with the weird handle.. i would like to try it again please.

Thanks for Fran and Fiona for being supportive and giving advice regarding a Coracle event. Obviously, need to look into it a bit more but i think it could be a great fund raiser. (Thanks for the suggestion Stew)

BigYellowTractor, come to the next paddle on the wey and you can try out my canoe. I was hoping we would cook but it was too cold today, perhaps next time.

Adrian, would love to come up to Poole in the new year, let me know if you are free one weekend. I know some others maybe interested.

Cheers!

Maj
    E-mail with images, and message sent mate. Paddle was a Downcreek Swan with Northwoods grip, 64". Have another play next Sunday on the Christmas paddle, I also think you should try the Big Dipper and Lapwing.
    Covering as many malmiles as possible before being distracted by the pub!

Paddle Points - where to paddle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12