Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Burns Night on the Nene, again! 26th-28th January 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Grey View Post
    FOTRN Membership. Mark spoke to them and paid for his own membership over the phone. IF there are people who leave it until last minute, this is possible by phone, but they're not used to it and wouldn't want numerous phone calls. So if anybody hasn't paid up yet, do it on the website soon, but IF there are any last minute needs it would be good to try and co-ordinate them so that all could be done in one phone call. Get it ordered this week through the website and you should be fine.
    Couldn't find a website option to join - so downloaded the form, filled in and emailed to FOTRN - paid via BACS
    So I guess I'm a friend of the river now

Mark spoke to Jon (Cankay) and he also has a lock key for Saturday departures. I'll let him suggest timing.
    Suggestion: Meet 11ish, Depart 12ish. Aiming to arrive shortly before PeelPotatoe o'clock.

Will have brekky kitchen and the necessary meat/bread for peeps that do want a cob/bap/roll or 2 Sun morning.

Quote Originally Posted by cankay.org.uk View Post
    PeelPotatoe o'clock.
    In June of 1992 Quayle was still the vice-president of George H. W. Bush, and as vice-presidents often find themselves performing tasks that no one else wants to do, he was officiating at a spelling bee. There are various reports on whether he was reading a cue card with erroneous information supplied by the school, or made the mistake on his own, but what is incontrovertible (and posted on You Tube for posterity) is that Quayle incorrectly corrected a student’s spelling of potato. The vice-president averred that the correct spelling had an –e at the end, a statement which engendered no small amount of ridicule. In fact, he is still being mocked for it to this day. After all, the fact that ‘potato’ has no –e at the end of it is something that we all pride ourselves on knowing with every fiber of our being. Isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by kmac View Post
    In June of 1992 Quayle was still the vice-president of George H. W. Bush, and as vice-presidents often find themselves performing tasks that no one else wants to do, he was officiating at a spelling bee. There are various reports on whether he was reading a cue card with erroneous information supplied by the school, or made the mistake on his own, but what is incontrovertible (and posted on You Tube for posterity) is that Quayle incorrectly corrected a student’s spelling of potato. The vice-president averred that the correct spelling had an –e at the end, a statement which engendered no small amount of ridicule. In fact, he is still being mocked for it to this day. After all, the fact that ‘potato’ has no –e at the end of it is something that we all pride ourselves on knowing with every fiber of our being. Isn’t it?
    But maybe JOn's planning on peeling them with his toes?

In other important news, my first item of Tartan has just been delivered. Hopefully the rest will arrive today or tomorrow....
    Covering as many malmiles as possible before being distracted by the pub!

Paddle Points - where to paddle

Eton on the banks of the River Thames between Windsor and Slough

Quote Originally Posted by kmac View Post
    Couldn't find a website option to join - so downloaded the form, filled in and emailed to FOTRN - paid via BACS
    So I guess I'm a friend of the river now
    This is what I did.
    Fran

Photobucket stole my sig

PeelPotatoe o'clock.
    The 'e' obviously refers to my electric potato peeler, as in FormulaE

In other important news, my first item of Tartan has just been delivered. Hopefully the rest will arrive today or tomorrow....
    Hope so too, otherwise it'll be a cold weekend in just a Tartan mankini.

I can confirm I've BACS'd and email'd FOTRN, so I too am a friende.

Membership done and returned a few weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by cankay.org.uk View Post
    Suggestion: Meet 11ish, Depart 12ish. Aiming to arrive shortly before PeelPotatoe o'clock.

Will have brekky kitchen and the necessary meat/bread for peeps that do want a cob/bap/roll or 2 Sun morning.
    I was hoping to come across on Friday but I can't do a morning start so it will have to be Saturday at 11.00.
    Count me in for the rolls Jon, suitable reimbursement will be arranged.
    Bootstrap
    There's no such thing as inclement weather - you're just incorrectly dressed

Quote Originally Posted by Bootstrap Bob View Post
    I was hoping to come across on Friday but I can't do a morning start so it will have to be Saturday at 11.00.
    Count me in for the rolls Jon, suitable reimbursement will be arranged.
    I won’t be able to get there til late afternoon on Friday and was thinking about camping near the start as I didn’t fancy navigating a new river (new to me) in twilight’s last gloaming.
    As a number of people are planning on camping on Friday, I’d be up for an assault convoy on the main campsite if you can make it by 1600.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    There are three types of people in the world:
    Those who can count and those who can't.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123