Thread: Self build Peasemarsh and a magazine cover!

Default Self build Peasemarsh and a magazine cover!

Dear Fellow paddlers, firstly a thank you to those who helped me through my canoe build last winter. Since then I had managed to take the canoe on a few trips around the river Lea in East London and a two day trip on the Suffolk Stour, I have written about it on my blog...

https://thetuesdayswim.com/2017/11/0...tour-by-canoe/

My main passion is angling, I work as a the picture editor for an angling magazine called Fallon's Angler a quarterly about the art of angling that concentrates on quality writing and imagery. Now I know canoeist and angler can clash at times but I hope my piece has shown how the two can live along side one another with a little respect. The issue is out in a week and can be ordered here if you are interested in angling and in this issue canoeing! http://fallonsangler.net/shop/. I hope this doesn't break any forum rules, its a gentle plug for a modest publication!
    More angling and canoeing adventure are planned for next year...

Lovely picture, and the image of angler and canoeist in harmony is nice too, as it works so well together.
    Paddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac: Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle

Thanks Mal,

I don't know if I got to see all the blog on your link, but what I did see was great with some enchanting photos (love the cover one too).

The Stour is my local river, and was looking to do that same stop over a couple of weeks later, but they do close relatively early in the season. Have since paddled past and the pontoons were all up for repair/maintenance, but the river was still full of little pieces of beauty...a hunting fox being surprised by a hare, a roe deer standing in the reeds watching my passing and so forth.

Would love to see some more photos, particularly on the Stour

Hi Laurence, It's a lovely stretch of river, we actually stayed on a tiny little campsite not the large campsite with the pontoons and the porta loo's by the river, in fact we did stop there for a moment but the owner basically told us the shove off!

I know of only that as an "organised" campsiteby the river, although there is one about a mile from the river near Bures. I thought the rest was wildcamping?

The Peasmarsh? looks very pretty and perfect for the Stour..........

Wiston can be a little off, nor is it cheap, but when quiet, during the week off peak, it is very beautiful and convenient.

If ever you're up again and want company (I can understand if you wouldn't !) give me a shout, I do like that river, portages and all!