Thread: Rogen to Roros - again !

Default Rogen to Roros - again !

Hi folks,

The latest edition of The Paddler magazine contains the first part of an article relating the story of our Scandinavian trip from Rogen to Roros (P 84), previously featured in the blog. The next issue, in about 2 months, will feature part 2.

There are also some excellent other open canoeing articles about trips to Canada and Scotland, so its worth a read even if you're fed up with me banging on about Sweden/Norway And there's some mad huge whitewater stuff for those who are also into kking.

https://view.joomag.com/the-paddler-...09976023?short

Cheers

Mal

My claim to fame is I've met the guy who wrote the article!!
    Even paddled with him.
    I can ask for autographs if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by kmac View Post
    My claim to fame is I've met the guy who wrote the article!!
    Even paddled with him.
    I can ask for autographs if anyone is interested.
    Please don't devalue the product

Part Two has now been published in The Paddler: https://view.joomag.com/the-paddler-...14056447?short

Please excuse my blatant self-promotion.

Its a good mag anyway, read the rest too!

Its a good mag anyway
    The content is excellent, but I just can't read it. It's an ezine, so it's meant to be read on screen - and for many people that means a phone or tablet - and I can't read the text on a 20" PC monitor. If I zoom in I lose the pictures and the layout, and I have to zoom out again to turn the page. Is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_B View Post
    The content is excellent, but I just can't read it. It's an ezine, so it's meant to be read on screen - and for many people that means a phone or tablet - and I can't read the text on a 20" PC monitor. If I zoom in I lose the pictures and the layout, and I have to zoom out again to turn the page. Is it just me?
    Naaa, it's me 'n all mate.

I do find the way it zooms and scrolls not that intuitive on my laptop. It works, I just keep moving the mouse in the wrong direction when zoomed, as I'm used to a "drag" type.

On the mobile, it says "This magazine will be available shortly" so I wonder if the mobile version is still being worked on. The previous edition does work well on my mobile, though obviously you physically can't have a whole page in view and still be able to read the text without zooming.

Overall, though, I'm with you on "ezines" being a little harder to read than printed press. You can order print copies, and going forward they're going to be a little cheaper due to the new tie up with British Canoeing & Canoe Focus. The last printed copy was a slightly abridged version of the online - all the text, but fewer images due to space. Still loads of pictures, just not all.