Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6th Annual Xmas Idle

Quote Originally Posted by Impcanoe View Post
    I've been reassured by Faln and Mayobren that I have nothing to worry about, and may actually not wear my drysuit.
    It's still t-shirt, shorts and sandals weather up here
    DCUK
    Can't ytpe or roopf read

Quote Originally Posted by Peter R View Post
    No problem Bren, sounds great. Have you enough cooking gear or do you need me to bring my little Jetboil stove and frying pan?
    It would be handy if you could bring a stove and pan Peter,

I've been reassured by Faln and Mayobren that I have nothing to worry about, and may actually not wear my drysuit.
    That advice only applies to Northerners Peter
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

If you need a contact for the campsite, Jax's partner, Di, is on 07876705263.

i will definitely wearing a dry suit, if not to keep the heat in but to keep the water out......you just never know whats round the next corner or over the next wier......see you all saturday

Hey now Mayobren. This northerner thing. My parents are from Wigan.I spent from the age of 3 months to 6+ in Wigan, my first school was in Wigan, My wife is from Wigan. All my children were born in the north. I moved back north to Birkenhead aged 25, moved to Skelmersdale, then Appley Bridge, then Warrington, moved sarff in '88 but retained a house on Anglesey. I reckon I'm a northerner by training, if not by birth.

You can't live on the Wirral without driving over one of my road schemes, you can't pass through Skem without using one of my roads, and its difficult to travel round Skem without passing over one of my underpasses. You can't shit in Skelmersdale without using the sewage works for which I was Resident Engineer, nor drive down the motorway through Skem without passing the spoil mound on which I learnt to drive a Caterpillar Dozer. nor Park at Warrington's Birchwood Centre without using one of my car parks, nor play golf on the golf course with which I was associated. My team designed the roads for all the new housing in Birchwood, Westbrook and parts of south of the river.

Compared to that record of work, in the south there is a relief storm water drain, a golf course, a pair of bus laybys since demolished in Bromley, and interesting road reconstruction of the old coach road in Dartford , a childrens playground, taken down, and a lot of revolutionary back of foot path Street lights in Dartford.

So don't be fooled by my minor public school drawl, Ah can thee and thou like a good un when watching my fav team Wigan Rughy League

Am I touchy? Who me??

Peter Impcanoe

After last night's rant, in the cold light od day I realise I have all bases covered except one, which is that I find myself, when we have finished, at the start, with my car, but the boat at the finish and I don't really know where it was, so an address for sat nav for the finish might be useful.

Assume we are assembling at 8.15 to 8.30 as usual?

An address for sat nav for the finish might be useful.
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir//5...1,17.13z?hl=en

jeff-d thank you what can possibly go wrong?

Hi Everyone,
    Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. There will be 7 of us from Sheffield City Kayak Club paddling in 3 canoes and 3 kayaks.
    Will aim to be there for around 8.00ish all being well.
    See you tomorrow,
    Neil

Looking forward to catching up with you all soon.

After last night's rant, in the cold light od day I realise I have all bases covered except one, which is that I find myself, when we have finished, at the start, with my car, but the boat at the finish and I don't really know where it was, so an address for sat nav for the finish might be useful.
    Epic Rant Peter .........Thanks to those roof bar extensions I bought off you I am able and willing to reunite your boat with your car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter R View Post
    Assume we are assembling at 8.15 to 8.30 as usual?
    Ideally 8.15 ish Peter I'd like to get everyone on the water for 9.30 ish
    Quote Originally Posted by neil_f View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. There will be 7 of us from Sheffield City Kayak Club paddling in 3 canoes and 3 kayaks.
    Will aim to be there for around 8.00ish all being well.
    See you tomorrow,
    Neil
    Looking forward to seeing you all again!
    So......checked the river levels this morning........ the river came up about 7cm at the top end and 15 cm at the bottom end, just checked the levels again now and they've not gone up any further, with a dry night forecast I can't see anything drastic happening before kick off. So we should be fine with possibly a slightly faster flow at the top end.
    The forecast...........3 degrees max!......with a hint of sun, (so wrap up warm) with a light ...ish 6mph mostly helping tail wind. Should make for fairly relaxed paddling conditions.
    And now the safety briefing

Don't Fall in!
    If you fall in .......get out quickly

See you all tomorrow

My apologies to the Idle Crew and all, I won't make tomorrow's paddle as I seem to have been afflicted by gout . Right foot is swollen and painful, I can't get it into any of my footwear and I can hardly walk.
    Have a good one.
    best wishes,
    Mike.
    DCUK
    Can't ytpe or roopf read

Apologies from Norfolk. The dreaded man-flu has struck and I'm not going to make it. I'll see if my mum can take my place, but it looks unlikely.

Robin
    The early bird may catch the worm... but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Quote Originally Posted by Potty Paddler View Post
    My apologies to the Idle Crew and all, I won't make tomorrow's paddle as I seem to have been afflicted by gout . Right foot is swollen and painful, I can't get it into any of my footwear and I can hardly walk.
    Have a good one.
    best wishes,
    Mike.
    Get well soon Mike!
    Quote Originally Posted by broadsman View Post
    Apologies from Norfolk. The dreaded man-flu has struck and I'm not going to make it. I'll see if my mum can take my place, but it looks unlikely.
    Robin
    Get well Soon Robin
    You pair will be missed!

Hey Neil - I'm on paddling sick leave but will be there with the cameras - don't forget to smile, you WILL be on candid camera ;-)

Really nice trip today - many thanks for organising it again Bren.
    Peter

Great paddle today, thanks all!

thanks Ben & Gary for rescuing our tired kayaker.

Cheers

Mark

hi Bren and everyone thank you for today, once again a great paddle and good company.

The agreed / planned rescue worked well and everyone got involved and thanks Neil for wading in. Angela thanks everyone for their assistance. No harm done, even the hamster was rescued by Gary and occasionally danced a jig on the way to the get out and is currently (hopefully) drying out.

Next year S.O.T's then we both don't have to practice rescue techniques........well may be..

Any way HAPPY CHRISTMAS to all, a Merry NewYear and look forward to more meets and lots of paddling in 2018.

Was a smashing trip.........really enjoyed it, great to meet up with friends old and new!
    Thanks to Falcn for the mulled wine
    Thanks to Jewels for drinking it!.....all
    Thanks to Jon & Peter r for cooking duties
    Thanks to Jax and Di for camping permission
    Thanks to Tykey for helping organise
    Thanks to everyone for turning up and making a grand day out,
    and special thanks to Gaz and Angela for the annual synchronised swimming demonstration
    Merry Christmas to all

Just home after a stress free trip to the deep south. I really enjoyed to day re meeting old friends meeting those with whom I have communicated electronically, and the rest of you. You may think I'm mad, but it was an excellent use of a day and some diesel.

Peter, Impcanoe

Just reiterating what's been said above - cracking day out and good to meet up, thanks Bren for organising and to Gary and Angela for rescuing my paddle .

Really enjoyed the day - despite freezing for the second half of it! (Keep the upstream edge up if you're going to side surf a weir.)

Thanks again guys for the binoculars. I'm sure they'll come in handy for keeping an eye out for the Russians/nearest port side bar.

yup brill day's paddlin' - thanks all and esp Bren for organising. Excellent fun, excellent company.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12