Thread: drysuits

Default drysuits

Im looking to do a bit more winter paddling and thinking that my current (circa 8 year old) wetsuit may not be upto the job. Im therefor considering a drysuit but, given that I also do open water swimming-will want to upgrade the wetsuit soon too....so;

Anybody got any suggestions where I could get hold of a (still in working order) cheap used drysuit to fit a 6'0 male average build? to try out for this and maybe next season and consider upgrading later if I find it useful

Thanks in advance

Bryan

Have a look at the last post on this thread. http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/for...-canoe-sailing

It isn't the last post now, it's this one;

To throw another option into the mix.

search a well known auction site for "RAF Aircrew Coverall Drysuit." I picked one up for 30 in unissued condition.
    They come with a pee tube, waist expander for more maneuverability, and a couple of handy pockets. perfect Canoes, but they are a little bulky so wouldn't want to risk it in a Kayak.
    Last edited by OLD MAN; 12th-October-2017 at 07:30 AM.
    Nin Wanakiwidee Tchiman

On Facebook, the Used Kayaks UK group is brilliant for getting stuff like that. The Wet Suit Outlet also has bargains. I often think if drysuit sellers turned up on swim points on rivers, folk would just hand money over once they felt what it's like in comparison to other gear.
    Point of caution though, I had a new suit that had delaminated during production and failed catastrophically during raft flip drill training, in the North East in December, so do test it before you have to rely on it! Hypothermia isn't nice!

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

I have a retired Nookie drysuit sitting in my garage. I will try to remember to check it over tonight and let you know what it's like. It basically works but it might have some pin-prick holes in the knees which should be easily repairable.

Folks, thanks for that. I will have a look at these and see how I get on. (And Adrian, if your retired one looks useable let me know) thanks again

Bryan

Hi Bryan

I have checked over the Nookie drysuit, it is the last edition of the Assassin made with a natural fabric which is really soft to the touch but pretty tough. All aspects of the suit still basically work, the two zips are fine, all seals intact although the neck seal is looking a little perished, no substantial holes but, as I mentioned earlier, I get a little damp around the knees. I can't see any light through the knees so any holes will be pin-prick sized and might be made good with inner tube repair patches if you can find them.

On the basis that there is still some good use to be had from it, might I suggest 100 posted. I think that sounds fair.

(I am a contributing member so I am allowed to sell through here )