Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloween 2017....The Annual Gathering!

Default Halloween 2017....The Annual Gathering!

Anybody any thoughts for this year?
    Be it either a lunchtime meet, and then back home in time for tea & medals, or indeed a full-blown over-nighter.....with whisky kippers thereafter for breakfast! (If we survive the night )

For me, Halloween has always rhymed with Shallow Scream!.....and a chance now, through invitation, to get back on the Nene!

Over now to you and your (Nene) thoughts, planning & suggestions...

Make it the week-end 28-29th October and I'm in!
    Last edited by Bonarmbj; 7th-October-2017 at 11:30 PM.
    Keep yer paddles wet, and powder dry....

MB

`..`. ><(((( ((>
    `..`..`. ><((((>

Let's go to the Idle , never quite made it last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels666 View Post
    Are you thinking just a paddle Juliette or camping? If camping is there a venue in mind?

Sadly, not available this year. My dad (& my uncle) turns 80 that weekend, so will be celebrating elsewhere...

...though if it WAS the Idle, I'd only be 10 miles away....
    Covering as many malmiles as possible before being distracted by the pub!

Paddle Points - where to paddle

Crow is offline こんにちは。私はカラスと私はスコットラ ンドの出身で す。
    Journal Entries

The spooky castles on the islands of Loch Awe would be good on Halloween.

And there's a fair chance you could get stranded on them due to high winds.

I release of course this is probably too far for you southerly types. But that's never stopped me posting unhelpful suggestions before.

"I stepped up on the platform. The man gave me the news. He said - you must be joking, son, where did you get those shoes?"

Crow Trip Log

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post

I release of course this is probably too far for you southerly types. But that's never stopped me posting unhelpful suggestions before.
    More remote and inaccessible castles are available

https://www.visitscotland.com/info/s...castle-p299591

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

We've always said they'd be a great venue, but most folk on the previous ones have only had a weekend to do it in. Perhaps you should start a northern version to compete with, I mean complement, a southern one? Complete with Friday night McSpam Challenge of course...
    Covering as many malmiles as possible before being distracted by the pub!

Paddle Points - where to paddle

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Grey View Post
    We've always said they'd be a great venue, but most folk on the previous ones have only had a weekend to do it in. Perhaps you should start a northern version to compete with, I mean complement, a southern one? Complete with Friday night McSpam Challenge of course...
    Nah, it would just be me sitting on my own, eating my spam with nothing but ghouls and a turnip lantern for company. Then again, most of my trips are like that, I suppose.
    Last edited by Crow; 10th-October-2017 at 09:15 PM.

"I stepped up on the platform. The man gave me the news. He said - you must be joking, son, where did you get those shoes?"

Crow Trip Log

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels666 View Post
    another couple of feet and you would have made it!!

Gordon,
    In preparation for Halloween 2017...I've booked-off a long week-end, the 26th-30th October, for all 'paranormal paddling activities' that may occur upon, or off the water this year!

"Since wi last met, I've upped ma' game, like ya'know,and there'll be nae more any burnt sausages frae here on in!! "

Happy the noo to call in sick frae a Castle on Loch Awe!

Get the fire on!
    Last edited by Bonarmbj; 10th-October-2017 at 11:38 PM.

MB

`..`. ><(((( ((>
    `..`..`. ><((((>

Nah, it would just be me sitting on my own, eating my spam with nothing but ghouls and a turnip lantern for company. Then again, most of my trips are like that, I suppose.
    Having been down in Edinburgh last weekend I can assure you that there are numerous ghoulish experiences available!
    How about a candlelight traverse of the Water of Leith?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds good Big Malky,and having staggered many a mile on George Street.... after a few too many bevvies... after a young Scottish Paratroopers funeral...a mate of mine.

Happy now to 'Traverse The Water of Leith by Candlelight' As it sounds brilliant!....But, I will need to know the whereabouts of the bivvie/basha sight in advance!

MB

`..`. ><(((( ((>
    `..`..`. ><((((>

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I might manage a day at Loch Awe on 30th or 31st if anyone ends up going there. Water of Leith looks like very hard work judging by Crow's account!

Up (should really say down) for something that isn't as far North as Lock Awe (the military doctrine of "shock and awe' was inspired by this lake).

Im Dying to get up to Loch awe. So if a noob can join in im game.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bonarmbj View Post
    Gordon,
    In preparation for Halloween 2017...I've booked-off a long week-end, the 26th-30th October, for all 'paranormal paddling activities' that may occur upon, or off the water this year!

"Since wi last met, I've upped ma' game, like ya'know,and there'll be nae more any burnt sausages frae here on in!! "

Happy the noo to call in sick frae a Castle on Loch Awe!

Get the fire on!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Malky View Post
    Having been down in Edinburgh last weekend I can assure you that there are numerous ghoulish experiences available!
    How about a candlelight traverse of the Water of Leith?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sounds good Big Malky,and having staggered many a mile on George Street.... after a few too many bevvies... after a young Scottish Paratroopers funeral...a mate of mine.

Happy now to 'Traverse The Water of Leith by Candlelight' As it sounds brilliant!....But, I will need to know the whereabouts of the bivvie/basha sight in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by allypally View Post
    I might manage a day at Loch Awe on 30th or 31st if anyone ends up going there. Water of Leith looks like very hard work judging by Crow's account!
    Well, Loch Awe is probably not the best of places at the end of October. Could strike lucky but it would be a shame to haul up all that way and find it dreich and windy (as chances are it would be). However, why don't we organise a group jaunt there in the summer, if there's a few interested? Could be good.

As for the Water of Leith, it's really a packrafter's river IMO (so OK for Malky then), bit scrapy. Also nae good for wild camping. Could maybe get away with setting up a soup kitchen for disadvantaged folk.

I have another idea though. Cramond Island. It's in the sea, but not far out, in fact it's tidal with a causeway. Lots of ruined gun emplacements etc. Obviously would depend on the tides. And the weather. And if people were up for a short bit of sea canoeing.

Crow Trip Log

Sounds good to me. There's definitely scope for being creeped out there.....

Well, Loch Awe is probably not the best of places at the end of October. Could strike lucky but it would be a shame to haul up all that way and find it dreich and windy (as chances are it would be). However, why don't we organise a group jaunt there in the summer, if there's a few interested? Could be good.

As for the Water of Leith, it's really a packrafter's river IMO (so OK for Malky then), bit scrapy. Also nae good for wild camping. Could maybe get away with setting up a soup kitchen for disadvantaged folk.

I have another idea though. Cramond Island. It's in the sea, but not far out, in fact it's tidal with a causeway. Lots of ruined gun emplacements etc. Obviously would depend on the tides. And the weather. And if people were up for a short bit of sea canoeing.

Here's a guide for safe crossing times - an interesting venue for sure.

http://www.queensferrylifeboat.co.uk/october

http://www.queensferrylifeboat.co.uk/cramond

Gordon,
    Since my last posting , I have been thinking this trip through in a lot more detail, and have concluded that even if we were very lucky with the weather on Loch Awe or other options, the time that I actually have off is just not enough! Ideally, I need a week off and to be in Scotland by Thursday 26th, ready to enjoy a Spooky Halloween week-end, next to a real castle!

Therefore,regretfully I'm going have to bale-out at this stage, and offer my sincere apologies to your good self and all others above, that I now feel as if I have let down quite badly.

A little more Previous Planning (or, at least some! ) from the MB Camp would gone down a little better here! (Sometimes, not always possible though).

Let this now be a working example of how NOT to do it and the 5 P's in action.... from Bonarmbj!

It very much appears now that I allowed my paddles to dry-out and powder to get wet on this one..... for which there is no excuse!

Sorry Guys!

All I can hope for now is a blindfold and cigarette.....

Possibly the least original suggestion of the year: Barrow anyone?

Been watching this and previous threads a bit, love the idea of Castle/Loch or Cramond Island, but travel time and weather/sea risks kinda made me a bit apprehensive. Maybe looong weekend next summer - any shore side campsites near the border with an accessible river for a Big Meet?

If peeps were dead set on way up norf for Halloween, then I was not going to suggest anything other, but having read posts above and a quick ping to Mark, having a last minute plan B just in case seemed prudent - so I did confirm field was available for the end of month date just in case - although I'd need to confirm soon.

It's not like Barrow offers anything spectacular in terms of moving water, but it does give a number of circular route options - although for this Halloween trip, maybe peeps would like to put in down river/canal and paddle with/without kit to Barrow? - if so there are plenty of options from 1 to 20 mile trips where peeps can join/launch from - and a couple of optional weirs and twisty river sections - probably for the unencumbered - would pass at least two riverside pubs, with a couple of locks to go through.

Normal access to Barrow pub/loos and I'd pop up the Room With A View for the extra convenience. Maybe also a nightime paddle round the smaller loop?

Again, Barrow is just a suggestion - 'cos its easy & central-ish. Time doth pass the way it usually dotheth, and I'm aworrying I'll miss my annual SPAM intake if we don't confirm somefink soon.
    Last edited by cankay.org.uk; 13th-October-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Barrow would be good. Ages since I've been up there. Colin must think we didn't like the chocolate pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by kmac View Post
    Barrow would be good. Ages since I've been up there. Colin must think we didn't like the chocolate pizza.
    Mmmmmmm chocolate pizza. Worth going back for.
    Big Al.

Only when the last tree has died
    and the last river been poisoned
    and the last fish been caught
    will we realise we cannot eat money.
    ~Cree Indian Proverb

Journal Entries

Gordon,
    Since my last posting , I have been thinking this trip through in a lot more detail, and have concluded that even if we were very lucky with the weather on Loch Awe or other options, the time that I actually have off is just not enough! Ideally, I need a week off and to be in Scotland by Thursday 26th, ready to enjoy a Spooky Halloween week-end, next to a real castle!

Therefore,regretfully I'm going have to bale-out at this stage, and offer my sincere apologies to your good self and all others above, that I now feel as if I have let down quite badly.

A little more Previous Planning (or, at least some! ) from the MB Camp would gone down a little better here! (Sometimes, not always possible though).

Let this now be a working example of how NOT to do it and the 5 P's in action.... from Bonarmbj!

It very much appears now that I allowed my paddles to dry-out and powder to get wet on this one..... for which there is no excuse!

Sorry Guys!

All I can hope for now is a blindfold and cigarette.....
    No worries, Mark, it was a bit of a long shot.

Maybe we could do something in the Spring.

Meanwhile, good luck to anyone going on the Barrow option.

Crow Trip Log

Nothing spooky about barrow! ( except from some of the locals) but it is central, and it is what you make it! I'm in if this is the chosen site, mark, you have your old sous chef back mate!!!

Gordon,
    Many thanks for this temporary stay of execution.....very much appreciated!
    Though having now just dodged the firing post...I have to say that I can't wait until Spring! - I have a whole week booked off 22nd-28th January 2018 that very much calls for some serious Haggis celebration!

All we'll need for that is a decent cave or indeed, gun emplacement, real castle or loch side woodland all within easy reach by overladen canoes .....Maybe just another long shot, I know, but worth thinking about

With best regards,

Mark

P.S.
    We'll crack it one day!
    Last edited by Bonarmbj; 13th-October-2017 at 11:53 PM.

Nothing Spooky about Barrow?

Well, I guess we'll have to do something about that then!

There's nothing a little Garlic & Spooky Spam can't sort out!

Jon, we now need to contact last years winner, and runner-up of last years the Spooky Spam Challenge at Anchor Church, as a matter of desperate urgency!
    Along with the winner of the 2015 Challenge from Halloween on the Nene!

I'll do what I can from here, and try to get an engraved brass plate for that plinth above.....

Once again, another plan written on the back of a fag packet!
    Last edited by Bonarmbj; 14th-October-2017 at 12:18 AM.

MB

`..`. ><(((( ((>
    `..`..`. ><((((>

David,
    You're back on hire fella!

As a true Halloween Unsung Hero!

These photos just don't do you the justice that you deserve....

Many thanks indeed for all of your help and advice on all of the previous trips....

Now looking forward very much to you helping me share the blame for the forthcoming burnt offerings!

MB

`..`. ><(((( ((>
    `..`..`. ><((((>

P.P.S.
    Jon,
    Many thanks for the life-line sent!

MB

`..`. ><(((( ((>
    `..`..`. ><((((>

Guess that all kinda makes Halloween at Barrow a Thing .

I'll confirm with Colin. Prob accommodates 20ish peeps easily enough and I can always inquire about the adjacent field.

Normal loops as per big-ish meet (as described in the biggish meet doc) are available - canals & rivers don't change much, but if we wanted to do something a bit different we could try a bit of a shuttle/paddle. My thinking being some peeps are likely to arrive Fri, some might want to join during the day on Sat - and doing the big loop on Sat makes it difficult for joining in part way.

Looking South from Barrow, there are a number of places to park/meet up along the way.

Very loosely:

Meet Time Start Time Location Paddle Distance Car Spaces Coords Notes
    10:00 10:30 Whiles Lane, Birstal 8 miles 10 52.676615, -1.115577 Pretty safe to leave vehicles overnight
    12:00 12:30 Meadow Lane, Syston 6 miles 3 52.702200, -1.099908 L.R. Harris is very near - handy for sat navs. http://www.lrharris.com/. Meadow Lane is single track. If the main group take the river option, then may have to meet up around the Cossington Junction.
    13:00 13:30 Cossington 5 miles 4 52.711584, -1.120271 Parking is at the side of a small side road. Access to river/canal is not brilliant. Canal side is easier but means either carrying boat/kit over bridge, or off-loading canal side and then parking up.
    14:30 15:00 Waterside Inn , Mountsorrel 3 miles 10 52.7320218,-1.1408108 Sileby Rd, Mountsorrel, Loughborough LE12 7BB http://www.watersidemountsorrel.co.uk/

A slightly longer paddle option would start at the LOPC, (https://www.lopc.co.uk/) LE4 5PN However they don't open until 9 and gates are locked 5pm - cars would be 'safe' overnight, but there is a small charge (2 I think) - that would be a 9:00 arrival, for 9:15 start.

Please note all these times and distances are pretty speculative guesses! Locks, portages, pubs, bacon butties etc could easily throw us out.

The river sections are deffo more fun than the canal, but if peeps have laden boats full of camping kit, then the canal/locks may be the better option.

The run from the Barrow down to Whiles Lane is about 12 mins in a car, kinda just straight down the A6, so assuming there are people arriving/camping Fri night, we could leave some vehicles at Barrow and double up canoes for the start, that way it should be simple enough to do a post paddle shuttle to retrieve vehicles.

Sun peeps can do the Loughborough loop, or shorter Quorn/Mountsorrel ones, or stay in bed.

Anyway, just suggestions for general consideration. Guess its time to start a list of:

Interested People:
    Cankay (Jon) Fri-Sun
    Jewels666
    Last edited by cankay.org.uk; 14th-October-2017 at 08:31 AM.

If you all change your mind about the Idle, remember you all have an open invitation to camp on Di and Jax's site, just half a mile from the put in.

Interested People:
    Cankay (Jon) Fri-Sun
    Jewels666
    kmac (for short paddles )

remember you all have an open invitation to camp on Di and Jax's site
    Hi Eddie,

Nope deffo not forgotten - indeed am pondering the wisdom, or complete lack thereof, of maybe accepting said invite should the annual Chrimbo/New Year Idle-ing come to pass. Not least 'cos dinner is owed.
    I didn't want to step on the toes of that festive and auspicious event nor those of its trad. org. in the same way of not mentioning Barrow whilst other Halloween venues were being considered.

The Boathouse is a handy fallback as both days can be shuttle free - kinda minimal on the ol' organisation.

Hopefully, though, we'll catch up before the end of the year, in the meantime if you would be so kind as to please to pass "Hi's" on to all!

Ta
    Jon

Yo Ken, I've got a shorty paddle you can borrow - was longer till I snapped the shaft - would that help? Looks like guitar stage is all yours too :-) ... so far....
    Last edited by cankay.org.uk; 14th-October-2017 at 01:17 PM.

I'm going to have to be a maybe for now.

(Though if David Fletcher's entry for the Spam Cookoff is a spam bhaji, I'm a definite!)

Jon I think the numbers will depend on how many mark can cater for ( if that is the plan)

Quote Originally Posted by Per View Post
    I'm going to have to be a maybe for now.

(Though if David Fletcher's entry for the Spam Cookoff is a spam bhaji, I'm a definite!)
    now that's an idea!!!!
    was down in Dartmouth last week, warned some of the locals to expect you!!!

Sorry could not resist.

Jon,
    Pls. remind people that now be interested in this trip, that whatever paddle option they decide upon...they will need to be 'dressed in' appropriately -as it is a Halloween Paddle Gathering!

Working hard now on some decent campfire grub for Saturday night....

But, not too much as I reckon Saturday night should be set aside for The 2017 Spooky Spam Challenge!.

Where paddle-contestants prepare their own pm meals, involving 'that 90 percent meat content wonder' and then present it before the camp fire judges, for a chance then of gaining that coveted
    Annual Halloween Spooky Spam Challenge Trophy!

At present, and as far as I know there are only three living recipients of this prestigious award still paddling today....

(We now need to contact them, as a matter of utmost urgency!)
    Last edited by Bonarmbj; 14th-October-2017 at 10:22 PM.

MB

`..`. ><(((( ((>
    `..`..`. ><((((>

Interested People...

Cankay (Jon) Fri-Sun
    Jewels666
    Bonarmbj (
    Fri-Sun). Esp, if DF does a Spam Bhaji!

MB

`..`. ><(((( ((>
    `..`..`. ><((((>

Jon,
    Pls. remind people that now be interested in this trip, that whatever paddle option they decide upon...they will need to be 'dressed in' appropriately -as it is a Halloween Paddle Gathering!
    See below...

For the Benchmark Standard!

MB

`..`. ><(((( ((>
    `..`..`. ><((((>

Might have a go at Spam Mughlai

Interested People...

Cankay (Jon) Fri-Sun
    Jewels666
    Bonarmbj (
    Fri-Sun). Esp, if DF does a Spam Bhaji!

carbon

Interested People...

Cankay (Jon) Fri-Sun
    Jewels666
    Bonarmbj (Fri-Sun). Esp, if DF does a Spam Bhaji!
    Carbon

MB

`..`. ><(((( ((>
    `..`..`. ><((((>

We'll fight them on, and in between the Beaches!....

The Spooky Spam challenge 2017

"Hi Mark,
    apologies for the very late response to said emails (been rather busy arranging the "wedding")
    I would love to help organise the logistics for the spam challenge not sure what input I can have but one idea I have is to help to set up a draft "rules and regulations" format that can be use at events regarding the spam challenge. obviously these would have to be mulled over and agreed by all parties (preferably commissioned and signed by Magikelly) concerned and then they could be printed off the forum for event organisers to set the bench mark according to the rules, if you like I can start to throw something together ahead of the meetings/events to be taken place this coming year.

So without further ado ill get my tin can spam thinking cap on".

"I am easily satisfied with the very best" Sir Winston Churchill, He once owned an Apache too!

Tony M, your Halloween 2017 destiny now awaits you!

Last edited by Bonarmbj; 15th-October-2017 at 01:05 AM.

MB

`..`. ><(((( ((>
    `..`..`. ><((((>

Whilst pending a reply from Tony M, all we need now is some noise back from that fella' Whitenoise!
    If we're brave enough for the reply!

Both now living paddle-recipients of The Spooky Spam Challenge Medal of Honour! (Culinary hat's off, gentlemen! )

With rumour of legend, by he who first nailed it....Sir Robin of the Broads!

Long may your Robbin' go on, Robin!

Last edited by Bonarmbj; 15th-October-2017 at 01:54 AM.

MB

`..`. ><(((( ((>
    `..`..`. ><((((>

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MAN?

If so, please report the sighting to your nearest Spooky Spam Challenge 2017 Organiser
    THANKYOU!

MB

`..`. ><(((( ((>
    `..`..`. ><((((>

Interested People...

Cankay (Jon) Fri-Sun
    Jewels666
    Carbon
    David fletcher ( fri sat)

Interested People...

Cankay (Jon) Fri-Sun
    Jewels666
    Carbon
    Per (I'm going to have to be a maybe for now.)
    Ictoaun (Maybe)

Cankay (Jon) Fri-Sun
    Jewels666
    Carbon
    Ictoaun (Maybe)
    Di and Joel (maybe)

Great to see the list agrowing -

I'm thinking though, with the number of maybe's we could/should just think about doing the two southern loops on the Sat - gives a mix of 2, 4, 6, 8, 8+ miles depending on weather and peoples inclinations.

Gather river/canal side at the Boathouse, Barrow, 10:15(ish) for 10:30(ish) launch. Even at its longest it gets peeps back in daylight and plenty of time for SPAMming. Not least it gives anyone(s) joining for the day a fixed time and place to be, and it there is a later group, that group can always meet up for the smaller loop. Also removes the need for any pesky shuttling.

That seem sensible to all?

No great plan for Sun, but the water's 10 feet away - if there is the enthusiasm to go with it. A nice early morning ramp-run to clear the head?

Hope things transpire well for 'maybe' peeps to be able to attend - these get-togethers are great socials to catch up with friends!

Note: The SPAMming (cooking and/or eating thereof) is purely optional, but has resulted in some wonderful grub in the past, and despite being cooked in the wilds, some even without the grubs. I had a quick test run run yesterday, and concluded it needed more SPAM.

I've booked Fri off work, so aiming to be onsite to welcome people.

Usual camping fee of 1/night/peep pls. Finding time to squeeze a pint in at the pub is also appreciated. Not sure if there is any live music in the pub this time of year, but I'll check when I'm there this Sat.

Happy to answer any venue questions - although hopefully most are covered in this big-ish meet doc. Bonarmbj's yer man for any event questions, SPAM cooking rules and fashion tips for the weekend.

I'm up for a day trip on Sat and/or Sun.
    Got any stickers left?

Cankay (Jon) Fri-Sun

Jewels666
    Carbon
    Ictoaun (Maybe)
    Di and Joel (maybe)
    Jeff-D (Day trip Sat and/or Sun assuming that the weather stays out of negative)

Jon,
    With no word back so far from either Whitenoise, Tony M or Broadsman, for the Spooky Spam Challenge, and approx.. 40% of the above only being 'maybes' at this stage I''m going to have to flick a coin on this one.

I've only got what's left of today, after working late last night, and this coming Sunday (22nd Oct) to prepare for this trip. Everything else in between will be the usual 'on-going battle' of trying to balance a family life my insane working hours,......

So something may have to give.

Let me know your thoughts.

MB

Just come for a paddle and a camp Mark - if you can make time.

Take some of the pressure off. We can all eat Spam all weekend!

Pretty much as Per says - absolutely no worries if you just want to lob a boat on the car and pop along for the weekend, paddle, fire and general chillax. Using Barrow as base camp means you just turn up, put tent up, put yer feet up, eat, sleep, paddle, make merry as whim dictates - much less to sort than a full 'carry kit river expedition'. The loops on Sat are a mix of canal and some interesting twisty river bits. Pleasant, but not radically different from other places.

As a local its easy enough for me to do a job lot of sausages, burgers, tomatoes and SPAM, soup and SPAM etc, just for a bit of continuity and others may well also contribute - and/or I've a couple of small dutch ovens we can share if you wanted to cook up a bit of nosh, and leave your field kitchen.

Great to see you, and indeed everyone who wants to pop along!, but anything/everything purely optional :-).

I'm up for a day trip on Sat and/or Sun.
    Got any stickers left?
    Hi Jeff,

Sorry missed yer post earlier.

Sat (the loops version) would look to be the better day, as not so sure what Sun will bring.

Yup got a few stickers left, think both varieties available still :-). Do you know many of which you'ld be after, and I can check/put aside.

Cheers
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by cankay.org.uk View Post
    Do you know many of which you'ld be after, and I can check/put aside.
    Hadn't really thought that far ahead! Probably one of each.

Jeff

Jon,
    With no word back so far from either Whitenoise, Tony M or Broadsman, for the Spooky Spam Challenge, and approx.. 40% of the above only being 'maybes' at this stage I''m going to have to flick a coin on this one.

I've only got what's left of today, after working late last night, and this coming Sunday (22nd Oct) to prepare for this trip. Everything else in between will be the usual 'on-going battle' of trying to balance a family life my insane working hours,......

MB
    We can self cater Mark. Perhaps you can chill out for a change.

I've been telling him to do that for ages, just go and enjoy the weekend Mark.

For me, and I know I'm not on my own, part of the joy of canoe camping is setting up camp and cooking with all the different bits of kit that I have. I'm happy to self cater and can't say for sure if I can make it so would probably have done that anyway.

Jon,

MB
    I think robin ( broadsman ) is away in Scotland this week mate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast