Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Halloween 2017....The Annual Gathering!

Oh, so you have the whole contents of the bottom of my canoe then. Oops. That's my excuse for the Idle Xmas bash sorted. Now you've got to come too.... ;-)
    I refuse to let the fact that I haven't got a clue what I'm doing hold me back in any aspect of my life.

Thoroughly enjoyed this meet - good to catch up with people and put some names to faces. Thanks to everyone for organising.

Quote Originally Posted by cankay.org.uk View Post
    Just adding my thanks to everyone who came along and helped make it such an enjoyable weekend. Great that the weather held for the paddling. SPAM cuisine was indeed most exceptional. Fun way to spend a weekend with yer mates.

Have a couple of items in the lost property bin:
    o Blue rollmat/kneeling mat
    o Pair of black gloves with green band around the wrist
    o Looks like a new pair of dry trousers

PM me for any claims of ownership, and we'll see if we can find a way to get kit returned.

Cheers
    Jon
    thinks I lost blue enamel bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbing Ben View Post
    Oh, so you have the whole contents of the bottom of my canoe then. Oops. That's my excuse for the Idle Xmas bash sorted. Now you've got to come too.... ;-)
    and one bottle of blue becks!!!! That not surprisingly was not drunk!!!

David, yup, having finally gotten around to washing, I can confirm I'm now the proud possessor of 3 blue enamel bowls. will keep it safe or PM if you want it posting.

'You just know that you've had a super-weekend, when you get home to find some 485 pictures on your camera! '

Hoping now to blog this super-weekend, but it'll just take a little time to sift through this lot!

Be patient...

and follow Jon's example!

The blog's coming...

With the usual lack of options!

And...

Some 'toughening it out' paddle decisions...

With a few more of the usual standard random pics thrown in for good measure...

If anyone decides to hold a picture of the year/ caption completion for 2017...then this one is most definitely my entry application!

Cracking on now with rest of the pics...
    Keep yer paddles wet, and powder dry....

MB

`..`. ><(((( ((>
    `..`..`. ><((((>

On return now from my compulsory trip to our very own Jurassic coastline today , and after 'feasting well' in Bridport, on a hand-made Kernow pastie...with chips (Naturally! )

I have since this evening been whittling away at the 485 Halloween 17/ Spooky Spam Challenge pictures,whilst the chance permits.... and it's looking good so far. as I'm now down to the last 445!

Looks as if I've got you all (the victims of the week-end) NOW digitally captured in one way or another. With one or two shots not being too shabby to say the least!

Will post soonest! (Just got to do fireworks with Fran first though, bear with us!)

Just a quick one now on the Spooky Spam Challenge, if I may....

This years entrees have been,, in a sword...phenomenal! Well done to one and all, some outstanding efforts! - All of which, blew me straight out of the water!

For past competitors and champions alike, the bar for this challenge has most definitely been raised this year!

Judging the entrees must have been a real nightmare, with fag-paper thin differentials...

Bobbing Ben - we now owe you an award for this one alone fella!

A little bit bogged down at the mo, to do too much...

It was either the Spam Mughlai or Bonarmbj's Cardboard Beef Ghoulash!

And now...

A not too shabby shot!
    Last edited by Bonarmbj; 2nd-November-2017 at 01:04 AM.

MB

`..`. ><(((( ((>
    `..`..`. ><((((>

Crow is offline こんにちは。私はカラスと私はスコットラ ンドの出身で す。
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bonarmbj View Post

Is that Cankay Jon?

I would recognise him anywhere. Looks a bit pasty though, needs to get out more. Or on reflection, perhaps not!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonarmbj View Post

He hasn't got the lid up! There's going to be an awful mess!

And what the heck's in the radioactive box??

Reminds me of the joke about the skeleton who walks into a bar and asks for a pint of beer and a mop.

Sponsored by Co-op Funeral Care.

Crow Trip Log

Apologies for the late reply here, as 'A Night of Fireworks with Fran' knocked me somewhat off-kilter, as always to be expected!

Have since spent ages researching that 'skeleton walks into a bar' joke...and think now that I may have finally got it (??)..or will do one day!

The contents within that above radio-active box ( and Carbon, who was there that day, posting under a Radio Active avatar... ) can confirm that...

It was all made up from organic matter collected along the paddle-way that day, my little beauties!

Right! I'll have to stop posting pics here,, before I get in to trouble, and initiate a blog that everyone can add their own pics of the week-end in question.

Before I go now, for those of you who were there that week-end, that may now need serious physiological counselling, and for those of you just following this organised mayhem,, who may now be tempted to come along to next year's bash...pending the upcoming blog pics, naturally...

Here's Looking at You Kid!

"Spam it again Sam! "

MB

`..`. ><(((( ((>
    `..`..`. ><((((>

One last one...or two!

A pc from 'Fireworks with Fran'...

Now prepped in anticipation for next year!

MB

`..`. ><(((( ((>
    `..`..`. ><((((>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123