Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My reduced level of tolerance!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkL View Post
    We hope to have you as transitioned as a newt mate
    I am counting on it.
    Big Al.

Only when the last tree has died
    and the last river been poisoned
    and the last fish been caught
    will we realise we cannot eat money.
    ~Cree Indian Proverb

Just read this post and had a chuckle, but I can't help wondering - what do your colleagues think of you?

Have the last laugh and write a sitcom about them

I have just seen this thread again and no matter how much I try I can't help applying it to my own circumstances. My level of tolerance is also reducing.

I am currently in an open plan office.
    I have a corner seat, (not sure of the relevance).
    I don't drink coffee although my tea consumption has gone up recently.
    Most people in the office are grumpy due to a re-organisation by senior managers after a less than predicted company performance last year.
    The managers are just shuffling people around rather than fixing the fundamental problems.
    I am surrounded by young engineers in their 20's & early 30's.
    Those engineers have no experience.
    Those engineers are being put into roles that they don't have the skills to perform.
    As a senior engineer with many years experience I am no longer invited to do the roles allocated to the younger engineers but I am expected to impart my wisdom on them.
    I upset a senior manager after stating the facts and not fitting into his 'ideal' for the role I was doing (and have been for 20+ years). I think this might be the reason for the previous comment.
    I am getting grumpier as I write this.

On a positive note.
    I can now get back in a canoe after being out of action for two months with a broken ankle. (Actually this didn't stop me doing the odd paddle).
    I can get back on the mountain bike and do slightly less adventurous stuff that results in broken ankles.
    The mortgage has just been paid off.
    I have started looking for engineering jobs in the north so I can be closer to the areas I want to paddle. - Seriously, if anyone knows of any technical roles for a chartered Mechanical/Automotive engineer, please let me know.

I still have 20 years to retirement but I am forming my escape plan now and hope to implement it very soon. The first stage is moving back to the North.
    Bootstrap
    There's no such thing as inclement weather - you're just incorrectly dressed

Quote Originally Posted by Bootstrap Bob View Post
    looking for engineering jobs in the north so I can be closer to the areas I want to paddle.
    -The first stage is moving back to the North.
    There is also North of the North - Central belt Scotland.. There are always opportunies at either end (Edin/Gla). Plus aerospace.

Quote Originally Posted by Troughing Dormouse View Post
    Just read this post and had a chuckle, but I can't help wondering - what do your colleagues think of you?
    They think I'm the grumpy bloke at the end of the office. Whatever they think of me in secret they still come to me frequently for advice on any problem. I guess that 32 years in the business means that I actually do have my uses on occasions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12