Thread: Ezy stove

Default Ezy stove

Just got an Ezy stove (https://wildstoves.co.uk/product/ezystove/) and thought I would share my first impressions.

A little larger than I was expecting my small Kelly Kettles fits inside the combustion chamber, works well with a whistling kettle but slower to boil than my large Kelly kettle.

Runs on small sticks which are burnt up quickly so good to have a plentiful supply before you start cooking.

As it's well ventilated and burns efficiently. The fire burns out rather quickly after you've finished cooking so you don't need to wait very long before being able to pack up and move as well compared to firebox or even a Kelly kettle which takes longer to burn out when you finished cooking.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by E_McNeill View Post
    Just got an Ezy stove (https://wildstoves.co.uk/product/ezystove/) and thought I would share my first impressions.

A little larger than I was expecting my small Kelly Kettles fits inside the combustion chamber, works well with a whistling kettle but slower to boil than my large Kelly kettle.

Runs on small sticks which are burnt up quickly so good to have a plentiful supply before you start cooking.

As it's well ventilated and burns efficiently. The fire burns out rather quickly after you've finished cooking so you don't need to wait very long before being able to pack up and move as well compared to firebox or even a Kelly kettle which takes longer to burn out when you finished cooking.

Update

Got the chance to try this out wild camping on Loch Ken a couple of weeks ago

Works well with a large Kelly kettle. Dropping a few extra sticks down the top of the Kelly kettle as well as putting them in the fuel in free slot for the stove create a large cone of flame which boils a whole kelly kettle in just a few minutes much quicker than normal.

One particular advantage is that the wood in the stove burns down very quickly and leaves virtually no Ash. Even compared to a Kelly kettle the fire burns itself out easily if you stop feeding it so if you want to stop for a brew or a bit of cooking you have got a lot less time to wait for your fire to burn out and the stove to cool down.

Conversely this means you do need to keep an eye on feeding it regularly while cooking.

A little bulky to transport but that's not really the point. Can't fault it otherwise

Ewan