Thread: Wenonah Prospector 16 Royalex, Beech Trim – Norfolk Broads UK

Default Wenonah Prospector 16 Royalex, Beech Trim – Norfolk Broads UK

We are reluctantly selling our Prospector 16.

It has beech trim and is unmodified from factory spec. except for RUK airbags fitted fore and aft, with lacing over the top of them, fixed under the gunnels.

20170806_161044.jpg

We bought it new in 2012. It’s been used very little over that time (hence the sale) and is in very good condition. It’s never been used in white water and never been down shallow rivers.
    There are a few light scratches at the bottom of the hull due to launch/recovery and one very slight indentation which is light enough that it can only be seen looking carefully from certain angles. The dent is on the outer surface only and amounts to barely a mm or so depth over a foot or so of length. The bow and stern wood plates have a few blackened spots due to water ingress but I’m in the process of sanding/re-varnishing these so they will be treated before sale.

Also included…

• 3 x RUK canoe paddles
    • 2 x Wenonah Kneeling Mats
    • 1 x Stingray Saddle

and a partridge in a pear tree

£1,100 or near offer.

PM me for more pics and details.
    and there I was thinking I was clever for learning how to paddle...my dog's been paddling for years, and without a canoe !!

Only two hours in, but I'm surprised this is still for sale. If I didn't have it in 15ft I'd be all over it. I wouldn't even invite offers at that price.
    I'm at that difficult age... somewhere between birth and death.

Pm you
    regards
    Nenook

Hi up in Scotland but very interested could you post more pics. Sorry not enough posts to pm you

Hi

Thanks for your messages. I'm not at my computer this evening but I'll post some more pics first thing tomorrow (Monday).

I thought about putting more up on the first post but i wasnt sure how much interest there'd be to start with.

Please bear with me till tomorrow.

Thanks

Neal
    and there I was thinking I was clever for learning how to paddle...my dog's been paddling for years, and without a canoe !!

I'll have it at your asking price if it's not yet sold.

Here are some more pics of the canoe as requested. Currently in negotiation with someone who made an offer yesterday. If I haven't heard back from them by he end of today sealing the deal, I'll update here.

I've tried to take pictures that show as many of the scratches as possible and also show the only indentation I'm aware of. You can see it more clearly under flashlight. It's only fair to show it at it's worst angles so people can see it as realistically as possible. I've tried to do that.

Thank you again everyone for taking an interest. It's not sold yet but I'll know more by the end of today.

20170806_161830.jpg

20170806_161149.jpg

20170806_161414.jpg

20170806_161452.jpg

20170806_161749.jpg

20170806_161830.jpg

I should mention that the bare areas of wood are where I'm currently sanding down ready to re oil the gunnel and re varnish the end pieces.

Also interested if it is not sold yet.
    Mick

Default Prospector is still for sale

OK. The prospector is still for sale. I have been offered some deposits to hold it, then cash after viewing some time later (someone who live a long way away and can't get here for a while) but tbh I'd really prefer just to sell it 'there and then' to whoever decides to buy on the day.

The canoe is located in the Norfolk Broads area. For anyone wanting to come over and have a look you are very welcome any time, of course, biut please try to give me an idea of when so that I know to expect you and I can make sure I'm here to show it to you. Please be ready to buy quickly if you decide you want it because I really don't want to get locked in to holding it on a promise for more than a day or two.

Preferably cash, or if not then a bank transfer from here while you have a cup of coffee

I hope this is ok. It just seems the only way I can think of that makes it open for whoever wants it most. And if I'm honest it's also much easier for me.

Just DM me for an address and directions if you want to call round and to arrange with when you want to visit.

Thank you again to everyone who has shown interest in the boat. I really hope to see you very soon.

All the best

Neal

P.S. I promise to post here is it gets sold, so from now on if I haven't posted to say otherwise it means it's still available.
    Last edited by springer5; 14th-August-2017 at 02:06 PM. Reason: clarification of a point

Just sent you a PM, still interested.
    Mick

12. Default

Pm sent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This has now been sold.