Thread: River Wensum Strategy Meeting 26th July

Default River Wensum Strategy Meeting 26th July

Due to me showing an interest in this and giving them my Email address I have received this communication, anyone interest can attend.

Dear colleague,

The River Wensum Parkway Partnership (RWSP) has developed a draft strategy to revitalise the River Wensum corridor in Norwich, which will shortly be subject to public consultation. The RWSP is led by Norwich City Council, working in partnership with the Broads Authority, Norfolk County Council, the Environment Agency and the Wensum River Parkway Partnership.

You are invited to a consultation launch event on Wednesday 26 July between 1pm and 7pm at Blackfriars Hall, St Andrews Plain, Norwich, NR3 1AU. This is an opportunity for you to find out more about the draft strategy and speak with members of the RWSP team.

The consultation will run from 26th July until 15th September 2017 so there is plenty of time for you to submit comments on the draft strategy using an online survey form which will be available from 26th July – we will forward you the details of this once it is live.

If you have any questions regarding the draft River Wensum Strategy or the consultation event, please email LDF@norwich.gov.uk.

Yours faithfully,

Lydia Tabbron
    Planning Assistant
    Norwich City Council
    01603 212558
    "Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men"
    Grp Cpt Sir Douglas Bader CBE,DSO,DFC,FRAeS.

I'm afraid I don't have any local connection so, no me. But I am curious as to why the 'River Wensum Parkway Partnership' is not abbreviated to RWPP rather than RWSP. It seems strange also for it to be, further, in partnership with an organisation called the 'Wensum River Parkway Partnership' (abbr WRPP?). Maybe this is all a bit of poor drafting but the city council administrator?

3. Default

I'm at the launch of the Broads strategy next week on the same day so hoping to be able to call into this too. But the more paddlers the merrier! The last consultation round they had was well responded to by paddlers, so it'll be interesting to see how this is reflected in the latest plans.

Chris - Chris.Page@britishcanoeing.org.uk

It will be interesting to see what (if anything) happens and I must confess I'm pretty cynical. Were there any improvements after the similar 2015 consultation?

I suppose my cynicism comes from thoughts like, what good are launching points if there is no car parking? (how many people can get their boats to the launching facility without car?); is the Wensum through Norwich really going to attract people to go out in a punt; if there was a demand for day boats then maybe the one day boat hire company (Thorpe) would still be hiring out day boats; etc.

But then maybe I'm too much of a cynic.

Ian