Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your favourite beer?

Quote Originally Posted by OLD MAN View Post
    It's not officially ready for another 3 days, but I did open the lid after about 2 weeks to see how it's going.
    It's tasting very good, and is very similar to the shop bought one I have, if a little sweeter. It's a nice subtle taste, nicer than sloe gin in my opinion.
    We're on holiday for 3 weeks shortly, so I'll leave it until we're back for the official opening and sipping.

Further to this, I decanted the gin into bottles today and sampled my wares.
    Drunk neat, it's too sweet for me, but with some tonic added it's extremely palatable, plus it's about half the price of the shop bought version. The recipe states that 80cl of gin plus the rhubarb and sugar will make approx 2litres of rhubarb gin. That's tosh, my original 1litre made approx 1.5 litres, but it was so easy to do, it's worthwhile.
    My wife is going to have a go at making a rhubarb pie or crumble with the residual rhubarb - that could prove interesting .
    Nin Wanakiwidee Tchiman

Larkins traditional, from an excellent local brewery.
    Gun Parabellum. Milk stout
    Greenjack Baltic Trader. 10.5% Export stout.

I tend to go for darker beers, the Gun Parabellum is fantastic on cask. For a pale beer Oakham Citra is a good thirst quencher.

Devon ..just up from the bottom and right a bit.

T'other evening I was quite happy just having a couple of local ales... At the end of the evening I spotted a barrel of Greene King Old 5x ... landlord poured me a third of a pint.... as that's all he sells at one time.

Wow... stunning sipping beer.. well it's a complex barley wine really... at 12.5% .. molasses, twigglets and a porter wine taste and texture...warming... absolutely stunning .

Just discovered Suilven ale from the An Teallach brewery in the Highlands. Superb stuff, exceedingly drinkable, especially just after driving past the mountain...

I am very flexible on my favourite tipple, and when I am out and about the choice will always be whatever ale is on from the local brewery. The hip flask has a nice port in it.

Certainly no 'big brand' cooking lagers like Carling and Heineken etc

6. Default

For me, three words...

Coniston Bluebird Bitter

...from the bottle or the tap.

Although in this sunny weather I've become quite partial to the little cans of Budvar.

Lots of great suggestions are making me thirsty, maybe a pint on the way home from work, mmmm....

Single favourite - impossible - but a word in favour of Butty Bach from Wye Valley Brewery and the product of a sadly recently defunct brewery - Lager than Life, a Cascade hopped real lager from Bragdy Oasthouse Brewery in Aberystwyth.

Quote Originally Posted by Potty Paddler View Post
    This is rather nice ...

I bet that goes down well.............................................. .................................................. .....................................sorry
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I'm in a minority here as i very rarely drink, I just don't like the taste , i'd rather have coke or coffee.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12