Thread: getting stuff onto the blogg?

Default getting stuff onto the blogg?

hi all, being a computer novice im trying to upload a word document with accompanying piccies onto the blogg,. and as usual the techy bit as me baffled. the reason im doing it this way is that the photobucket site is a nightmare to use due to ads everywhere. can i 'upload' my complete word document somewhere and then link it into the blogg site ....
    smudger
    The answer is blowin' in the wind......

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    hi all, being a computer novice im trying to upload a word document with accompanying piccies onto the blogg,. and as usual the techy bit as me baffled. the reason im doing it this way is that the photobucket site is a nightmare to use due to ads everywhere. can i 'upload' my complete word document somewhere and then link it into the blogg site ....
    smudger
    Don't think so mate, you'll have to cut and paste.

I just write mine up in Word, pasting the text and link text straight in. Tip - triple line space between text and images in word makes it clearer by the time its posted on SOTP.

However, have you seen the thread about Photobucketofpoo issues? You may no longer be able to use it to link to blog photos, unless you have a Plus account: http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/for...r-forum-images
    Covering as many malmiles as possible before being distracted by the pub!

Paddle Points - where to paddle

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Grey View Post
    Don't think so mate, you'll have to cut and paste.

I just write mine up in Word, pasting the text and link text straight in.
    That's what I do. For some reason, when I Preview text pasted from Word, I find that some of the spaces between words have vanished. It's not an end-of-line effect, and I can't see the pattern. But I do need to read through all my pasted text and insert the missing spaces.
    Not in Oxford any more...

thanks Mal and Mary, not sure how to paste the photos into the blog i can copy the text but it doesn't seem to want to paste piccies onto the sotp blog page....... any 'simple' tipsi
    Last edited by smudger; 10th-July-2017 at 12:06 PM.

When you compose a post, one of the options at the top is a green square which shows "insert image" if you hover on it. Click that, and you get offered "from computer" or "from URL." Assuming the pictures are on your computer, click that tab, then "select" and you'll get a box that lets you locate the file (jpg or png) you want on your computer. There's a maximum file size of 195 KB, although Magikelly is in the process of trying to increase this. If your pictures are bigger, at the moment it's up to you to reduce them in size.

I am as low-tech as anyone could possibly be in this century (I even still use an old flip-phone....), so I don't really get all the complexities.... all I have ever done (and still do) on here is stick all my photos from my camera onto Flickr, then write my stuff into the "Reply To Thread" box, sticking in my photos as I go by using the Image icon and pasting in the photo's URL from Flickr (opened in a separate browser window) which you get by clicking on 'Properties' after you right-click the photo on Flickr. Believe me, if an ol' pensioner lady can do it, anybody can do it..........

Quote Originally Posted by sk8r View Post
    an ol' pensioner lady
    Don't give us that! Sharp as mustard!

many thanks to you all i'll get on and try . cheers

Must be me, 'Mary-nolonger-inoxford' despite my best efforts at 'hovering' i cant' seem to find the 'from computer' thing , i get the 'from url' and i suppose ill have to do the flickr bit . cannot get photos from my computer into the blogg.. ah well another day or two before this goes live wont hurt......

Doesn't your box look like this?
    screen.jpg

afraid not Mary ... perhaps i need to update something on the SOTP.....not sure that its possible

Must be me, 'Mary-nolonger-inoxford' despite my best efforts at 'hovering' i cant' seem to find the 'from computer' thing , i get the 'from url' and i suppose ill have to do the flickr bit . cannot get photos from my computer into the blogg.. ah well another day or two before this goes live wont hurt......

Mate, can you post a "link" to one of the images on Photobucketofpoo, and I'll see if I can see what the problem is with the images.

Its the IMG bit you need. All I do with Photobucketofpoo or Flickr, is find that (on PB its the bottom of 4 possible links), copy it (Ctrl C), and paste it (Ctrl V) directly into the Blog (or a word doc for big blogs). I then don't need to use the Insert Image button at all.
    Covering as many malmiles as possible before being distracted by the pub!

Paddle Points - where to paddle

... can i 'upload' my complete word document somewhere and then link it into the blogg site ....
    To your original point: You could upload your completed Word document to a file hosting site and, providing it's public, you could link to it from SotP and it would work. However, it's worth persevering with the advice already given here as that makes for a better experience for your readers!
    Hope that made sense!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    When I read about the evils of drinking I gave up reading.