Thread: Pyranha Traveller 15 Royalite Vinyl repairs?

Default Pyranha Traveller 15 Royalite Vinyl repairs?

Hello,

my recently acquired Pyranha Traveller 15 has a few issues with the vinyl outer skin, at some point in its life its been used on very scrappy water (Or lack of) and not had skid plates fitted. There are a couple of round repairs in the hull that the previous owner assures me was done by the manufacturers when it was pulled from the mold. (As a composites engineer I seriously question this, but then i know next to nothing about royalite.) The biggest issue is on the stern there is a good foot or so where the vinyl has ripped and peeled back.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to repair this? both tempory measures to prevent it getting worse, and more permanent repairs prior to the fitting of a skid plate?

Cheers.

An idea of the damage.

You can see the "Manufacturers repairs" at the top of the tear, and another just under the ratchet strap.

I'd be interested to know if any has had any experience of painting or recovering this type of canoe? I'd like to spruce her up a bit.

That shouldn't happen

I've no idea what you can do about it though, it looks more like a fault in the plastic rather than being caused by scratches and scrapes. I'm sure some one will soon be along with some ideas.

Sam

Paul Knight might be able to help; Yellow Boat on this forum.

He also offers a repair service, but I'm sure he'd be happy to advise if its possible to DIY: http://www.pkpaddlesport.co.uk/
    Covering as many malmiles as possible before being distracted by the pub!

Paddle Points - where to paddle