Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: waterproof cameras?

Quote Originally Posted by flat cap Andy View Post
    Sure, here is my professional one, being built at moment, so lots of spelling mistakes and not enough https://www.yellowdoorphotos.com
    and here is my more personnel B/W Rolleiflex site: https://www.myrolleiflex.co.uk/
    I like! Love the black and white personal pics with the Rolleiflex. I bet they fit beautifully with the rest of the family albums.

The commercial site is impressive, just needs the typos sorting I had no idea that you hobnobbed with the great and the good ! Very impressive studio and location images, nice one. I assume that this is a full-time profession?

Yes lucky I was too stupid have a proper job.
    Up North in the late 70s/earley 80s school leaver jobs were very thin on the ground. So with my parents pulling out their hair I went to college to study photography, one of the few courses open to my O level grades! Once I scraped a pass on that course it was down South, along with many Northerners, to the land of the yuppie and regular work. I have been a photographer ever since!
    Thank you for the complements, does photography support your canoe habit also?
    Last edited by flat cap Andy; 21st-May-2017 at 07:34 AM.
    '...you can led a horse to water but a pencil must be lead...' Stan Laurel

Quote Originally Posted by flat cap Andy View Post
    Thank you for the complements, does photography support your canoe habit also?
    Not to any great extent to be honest. I started a wedding photography business about 10 years ago. It was building very nicely and I was about 12 months off jacking my job in to go full time when I was struck down by a bit of a nasty neurological condition that screwed me up for about 5 years so I abandoned it all. During my "bad" time I started selling prints through several sites and then sold my soul to the stock industry. It's nice regular pocketmoney for no further effort though so not complaining My Fineartamerica site is linked below. That's the one that does the best business for me.
    Last edited by meirion; 21st-May-2017 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meirion View Post
    Not to any great extent to be honest. I started a wedding photography business about 10 years ago. It was building very nicely and I was about 12 months off jacking my job in to go full time when I was struck down by a bit of a nasty neurological condition that screwed me up for about 5 years so I abandoned it all. During my "bad" time I started selling prints through several sites and then sold my soul to the stock industry. It's nice regular pocketmoney for no further effort though so not complaining My Fineartamerica site is linked below. That's the one that does the best business for me.
    Great site with strong graphic images...making money can really spoil your enjoyment of photography!
    '...you can led a horse to water but a pencil must be lead...' Stan Laurel

Having just returned for a paddling trip to Coniston as part of a Paddlesport Leader assessment (I was being lead, not leading), I can confirm that an Olympus TG-4 really is waterproof.
    I accidentally fell out of my canoe three time today. My camera was tied to a thwart with a piece of string so it's been swimming too. It still works! Phew.

RBM109, good to see a real life test of the waterproof quality. Good to know

+1 on the Nikon Coolpix (AW130 in my case).

Waterproof 30m/100ft (feels as strange submerging a camera as it does drilling holes in a canoe)
    Shockproof to 2.1m/7ft
    Full HD (and then some)
    WIFI built in
    GPS / compass build in
    Digital map display
    Fits in BA pocket
    Amazon @ 270 (ish)

Just need to learn how to use it properly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12