Thread: Worcester Ring Challenge, Worcester (naturally), 22 July

Default Worcester Ring Challenge, Worcester (naturally), 22 July

Hi. I'm organizing the Worcester Ring Challenge for Worcester Canoe Club this year. There are 2 courses, 15 miles (with a shuttle to the start we provide) and the circular 20 miles route. It's fully supported with marshals, water, food, maps etc, and a nice combination of town and country canals, and the River Severn. There are lots of portages and two tunnels so its quite a strenuous day out. Anyhow if you are interested please see see our website (just google "Worcester Ring")

Julian

That looks great Julian! If I wasn't slumming it in France at that time I'd have been there for sure!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    When I read about the evils of drinking I gave up reading.

Oddly enough I was looking at that route just last night. Very tempted, will see if I can persuade young Master G to join me...

I had nae luck persuading my other half to do DW. I almost got him to agree to Cheshire Ring. I will probably do time for him if I can't get to do this one!

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

I'm getting interested in this. I may need to advertise for an idiot/ victim to sit in the front of my Tribe. If anybody's really keen PM me. The less experienced and competent the better so that I don't feel stupid.

I can't PM but did you get sorted? I couldn't persuade my other half, which is a bit sad tbh.

Looks like I'll be missing this one - there's always next year...

Quote Originally Posted by Arowyn View Post
    I can't PM but did you get sorted? I couldn't persuade my other half, which is a bit sad tbh.

Haven't entered. Bit busy. Long drive. Excuses, excuses. Etc.

Juat signed up for the 2018 15mile challenge - the challenge being the 12 locks (Sat 14th July) - any other SOTPers to say hello to?