Thread: Massif Central, 6,7,8th ish May

Default Massif Central, 6,7,8th ish May

I expect to be in the Central Massif, France with a trad boat on these dates, my fellow Drome Descenders are leaving on the 6th. I fancy the upper gorges of the Ardeche, the Tarn, the Allier, the Dordogne.what have you. I'm pretty competent on the water (famous last words) but less confident of fixing up a shuttle, so if any fellow SOTPers could help, please contact me. I do have a small grip on the french language, which I had hoped to polish up on my visiting Chamonix based grandchildren, but their English is so good that I don't get a look in.

Impcanoe

I'd have loved to hook up but sadly, by a strange twist of fate, I'm actually in Yorkshire at the time. If you are pushed and need a shuttle on the Cele though, I can probably get a mate to help out.
    Next time though.
    MarkL
    www.canoemassifcentral.com
    Open Canoe hire/outfitting in the Massif Central
    ”We will make your trip work”

Mark. Sounds a great imposition, but it would be a great solution. With your local knowledge a two dayer with a campsite in the middle so that I could be tented but car-less on the middle day, or I could canoe/camp. Starting on the Sunday would be best, but please don't impose on your mate!!

Pm me a phone number and email for contact and I'll try to sort something out.
    Cele will be nice at the time of year. What distance daily do you want to cover daily ? If you are OK with 2.5 days at 10km. 15 km then 7 km you could do the main run all the way down to the Lot ( Brengues - Marcilhac - Bouzies.
    Or obviously part of it. I'd aim to be certain to do the section through Sauliac, Liauzu and into cabrerets whatever (Liauzu is also a good wild camp spot if you fancied it.
    Anyway, I'll hookup via pm/phone and discuss options.
    Atb
    MarkL

Just to round up. Amazing effort by Mark to provide shuttle car and driver exactly at the appointed time and lace. Weather did not co operate as lower Cele was very high (and brown) but an excellent drive across wonderful country and a good paddle.

Just cannot make enough of the efforts Mark went to to secure my paddle,.We have never met, but a top guy. Thanks.

Pleasure mate, at some point we'll cross paths properly and get rid of some ballast or something.

you really weren't lucky with the levels hitting the only peak in the last while. One days worth of peak ... Timed perfectly to coincide with your start day. Much rain in the cantal I'd guess

If at first you don't succeed, .... Etc
    MarkL