Hi looking at getting a venture hunter cut with deeper freeboard but not owned a canoe before, recently done my 1 and 2 star plus rescue foundation course and have always been around water scuba diving, speedboats, sailing boats and kayaks mainly back in BC (before children).Curently have several kayaks the largest being a ocean kayak malibu XL 3 seater sit on, so looking for a load carry list of critrea problems...
- I'm 6ft 115kgs
- 3 kids and 2 dogs
- The boss (girlfriend) not interested in canoeing
-Member of Amature yatch reseach socitey (google cordless canoe challenge the sort of thing we like doing) so will probably be adapted to sailing, powered and a few other things
- Areas of use; river/costal trips, camping, plus hayling island and the solent
- I'm in the building trade so not bothered about weight of boat or modifying
- Buget £1000 (approximately)
- Is it worth paying for corelite X ?
All help and advice would be much appreciated I've been looking at this site for years, always found it interesting so now is the time to get involved as I'm getting into canoes.