Thread: Lulle brook

Default Lulle brook

Hi, so there is apparently some sort of weir on the Brooke. I'd like to go and do that stretch this Sunday with my 4yr old son. Don't fancy running a weir in my canoe, especially with my boy on board. Is it passable by land, a tiny portage? I wanted to park at boulders, head up clivedon reach, cheesy chips at the bounty, then back via the brook. Is it a no go? Thanks all, Rob
    I know nothing

Eton on the banks of the River Thames between Windsor and Slough

There's a small weir at the top - a drop of a foot or so, you can portage it over the grass on the left. Be aware that the Brooke comes out into the weir pool below Cookham Lock. Shouldn't pose too many issues if there hasn't been much rain recently.

I'm paddling elsewhere tomorrow, or would have considered joining you!
    Fran

Thanks fran, I had a look on g maps and it'll looked residential. When you say weir at the top of the brooke, do you mean it's at the odney club end? I went a very short way down there once and didn't reach the weir. Itdbe great to go paddling with some of the sotp canoeists, I'll have to keep looking to see when anyone else is heading out. I was working alongside St Patricks stream the other day, and was being torturered watching three canoes going by!
    I know nothing

Eton on the banks of the River Thames between Windsor and Slough

It is at the Odney Club end - I've made a route of what I think you're proposing, and marked the 'weir' on it here http://www.paddlepoints.net/PaddlePo...eId=673&AC=448
    Fran

Thank you Fran, that's a great help. I am very happy now knowing exactly what to expect when I'm out with the boy ! I had previously assumed that I'd be following three brook further down, and wondered if the weir ran under a large house ! I think I'd have been getting abuse from land owners. I only got my canoe last year and haven't explored much yet. Thanks again, you're very kind.
    I know nothing

Man, that was hard ! Lulle brook is a bit of a no go at the moment. It's too shallow in many places and totally blocked at the end. I'll write up my journey later. I still can't feel my arms from the headwind all the way from Cookham weir to boulters!
    I know nothing