Thread: Lake Baven in Sweden weather

Default Lake Baven in Sweden weather

Hi all, I have been to Sweden twice now to paddle on Lake Baven and loved it. It has been a few years since I have had a chance to get back there, but finally we are going at the end of May. Yippee!
    The other times we have gone have been in August and the weather has been good enough for shorts and crocs/canoe shoes, but as this is the end of May I am not sure if I will get away with this. Has anyone been there at this time and think I will get away with shorts etc?
    If not then I am a bit unsure on footwear etc as I dont really want to be spending loads of cash, but alternatively I dont want cold wet feet/legs. Cheapest option I can think of is bin liners over the feet with elastic bands at the top!!! Haha.
    Any help is much appreciated

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
    A bad day Camping is better than a good day working!

My guess is it will be a few degrees cooler, see https://www.yr.no/place/Sweden/Stock...tatistics.html

How about taking your August gear plus a pair of waterproof socks (Sealskins etc) and wearing them if necessary?

I have some waterproof socks, but they arent very long. Never used them. Are they actually 100% waterproof?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffersdn View Post
    I have some waterproof socks, but they arent very long. Never used them. Are they actually 100% waterproof?
    I use these wading socks from Reed Chillcheater, went for size larger than usual shoe size as they tend to be tight fit and wear over long woolly socks.

They are not breathable so you do get some damp build up but it's not too bad, at least the dampness is warm.

I'd be expecting highs in the mid-teens celsius as the norm, lows maybe 5c, so I'd be using long trousers more and certainly have warm gear for evenings.

The snow may not be long gone, and its perfectly possible there will still be some. Glaskogen Nature reserve, at a similar latitude, doesn't open until May because of this.

A pair of neoprene kayak socks adds a lot of warmth to other footwear, especially if you can also fit thick walking socks underneath and still get them in your Crocs.
    Covering as many malmiles as possible before being distracted by the pub!

Paddle Points - where to paddle

Thanks for that. I have decided to go for these as the waterproof socks.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Maybe a bit late, but what about dry trousers? The ones with socks built in, I can certainly vouch for them ��
    Cheers
    Tim

Paddles a Prospector

I did look at these, but they seemed quite expensive.