Thread: Wanted: Old Town Pack

Default Wanted: Old Town Pack

Hi all
    Most likely a long shot as they tend to get snapped up pretty quick, if and when there is one for sale, but have been looking for an Old Town Pack for a while.
    Based up in the north of Scotland but travel south regularly and have transport links.
    Have had my Guide for many years and it's great for the family but tend to have more opportunities to get out on my own more than with my wife and son a solo would be good. The Guide isn't the best solo and for convenience I will often grab the kayak. I like the kayak but I love my canoe and really prefer the open. More so after doing the solo course at Castle Semple last year, just haven't been putting it much into practice.
    If anyone has one for sale or knows someone with one I could certainly give it a good home and would be grateful for any leads.
    Any help appreciated
    Thanks

Jamie

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/sh...noe%26page%3D4

This is not mine in case you wondered.

Chris

Love the out rigger

Hello Jamie. [waves/]
    I've seen a few over the last year or so. I had a search on ebay for them for a while so I know they do come up. I'll keep my eyes open and if you find one near me I'd be happy to pick it up and store it for you until it's convenient to collect.

Quote Originally Posted by firedfromthecircus View Post
    Hello Jamie. [waves/]
    I've seen a few over the last year or so. I had a search on ebay for them for a while so I know they do come up. I'll keep my eyes open and if you find one near me I'd be happy to pick it up and store it for you until it's convenient to collect.
    Thanks mate!
    That's pretty decent of you, for sure. I too have seen them on ebay and elsewhere but it's the usual, have wanted one, especially after the course last year, then it just goes to the background, and then, now they are no longer available, I want one No one to blame but myself

Thanks for the replies, appreciated greatly, cheers

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by jamiedyer View Post
    Hi all
    Most likely a long shot as they tend to get snapped up pretty quick, if and when there is one for sale, but have been looking for an Old Town Pack for a while.
    Based up in the north of Scotland but travel south regularly and have transport links.
    Have had my Guide for many years and it's great for the family but tend to have more opportunities to get out on my own more than with my wife and son a solo would be good. The Guide isn't the best solo and for convenience I will often grab the kayak. I like the kayak but I love my canoe and really prefer the open. More so after doing the solo course at Castle Semple last year, just haven't been putting it much into practice.
    If anyone has one for sale or knows someone with one I could certainly give it a good home and would be grateful for any leads.
    Any help appreciated
    Thanks

Jamie
    Having arthritis I was advised to buy a pack on this forum, luckily another member read the thread and noticed one for sale in Newton Stewart. After making contact with the owner I went straight down next morning and picked it up, its a fantastic little canoe that I can fit the back of my Campervan so no climbing on and off the roof rack anymore either. I also carry a double sided paddle with me which is great if the wind suddenly gets up.

Hi Auldtam, I am very new to canoeing. I was seduced by the Pack's charms too.
    As I have to have "all the gear", what length of double end paddle is suitable ?
    Is it subjective to preference,or is there a minimum length that works?

Andrew.

PS. Sorry to Hi - jack the thread ! I too will be happy to store a locally purchased item for collection Jamie .
    Last edited by Moomoo; 19th-March-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moomoo View Post
    Hi Auldtam, I am very new to canoeing. I was seduced by the Pack's charms too.
    As I have to have "all the gear", what length of double end paddle is suitable ?
    Is it subjective to preference,or is there a minimum length that works?

Andrew.

PS. Sorry to Hi - jack the thread ! I too will be happy to store a locally purchased item for collection Jamie .
    Hi Moomoo, Crow, from this forum, recommended I try using a doubled sided paddle too. I bought one from eBay for around 25, a two piece sevylor paddle 230cm long. I mainly paddle lochs and it's very useful to have in reserve if the wind speed picks up quickly, I've had to use it a few times.

Much obliged young man. I'll look into getting one to try.

Hi Jamie,
    I have an Old Town Pack for sale. At the moment it is at my house in Brittany but could be back here,in Cornwall, round the start of May. I have no close up photos to show condition, it is used but not abused. Comes with 2 single blade and 1 double (long, racing left hand) paddles,backrest and a large drybag. I have used it mostly for canoe/camping, trailered behind a folding Dahon cycle which all fits in the canoe when paddling.

Here's your chance for a LEJOG Jamie, towed behind the Big Dummy?

OT pack on ebay at moment

Quote Originally Posted by jonah aka View Post
    OT pack on ebay at moment
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Old-Town-P...3D232293917095

Still looking? I have one for sale in Lowestoft.