Thread: Lakes 4th & 5th March short notice

Default Lakes 4th & 5th March short notice

We are heading up to the lakes this coming weekend camping at Thirlspot Farm near Thirlmere on the Saturday night.

Saturday: We will be spending a few hours from around lunch time on Derwent water putting in at Nichol End Marina and having a nosey on the islands.

Sunday: We will be spending a few hours on Thirlmere up to the Dam and down and across to the islands putting in at Armboth carpark.

Usual campfire and socializing on the saturday evening. If anyone wants to join us your more than welcome.
    If in doubt, hit it with a hammer!!

Weather is not looking too bad so far - http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/thirlmere

Would love to pop across but have a kids birthday party on Saturday & coaching hockey on the Sunday. Hope you have a great weekend.
    Death is natures way of telling you to slow down.

would love too, but as you said "short notice" sorry. But we're booked in Easter weekend at LowWray. May be meet up then.

Should be able to meet at some point.

My folks are up so Saturday night is probably a no-go but I'm up for a bit of a paddle one or both days. I'll let you know.
    "I'm not getting in a boat which is DESIGNED to go upside down."

Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
    would love too, but as you said "short notice" sorry. But we're booked in Easter weekend at LowWray. May be meet up then.
    No problem, maybe able to make sat and sun but bank holiday mon will be a no go, i work in a hotel the restaurant will be rammed

Quote Originally Posted by stinkwheel View Post
    Should be able to meet at some point.

My folks are up so Saturday night is probably a no-go but I'm up for a bit of a paddle one or both days. I'll let you know.
    Ok scott we wont be on the water till around lunch as my daughter will be with us, hopefully see you on the water, id pm my number but i dont get a signal up there, i may find out the best network and get a payg sim

I'm meeting my folks on Saturday so I'll probably meet up with you guys on Sunday if that's ok.

I now have a leeboard to go with my sail so I can pretty much garauntee still, glass-like water on Sunday.

No problem, glass like will bee nice but its blowing 12 supposidly so u might be fine. Im getting an ee sim so will pm my number

If anyone is coming along were running late so wont be at the marina till 1ish

Not heard anything. I'll aim to be at Armboth 10.30-11 ish. A certain degree of tinkering with sailing rig will then ensue.