Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Big(ish) Meet Barrow-Upon-Soar, Leics Aug 19th-20th 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbing Ben View Post
    I'm not sure if the ladies bit matters, I know the anatomy is different but I don't know if the design differs to account for it.

From Mrs, "Which one is prettier? I want the pink one!"

And also, "Don't say I said that! I'll sound like a right girl, I'm only joking"...

Saves forking out for a new one for the very occasional paddle that she currently manages, so thanks very much :-)
    Someone needs to take a label now to stick to the BA calling it "The Pink Girly One" just to keep her happy

I'm not sure if the ladies bit matters, I know the anatomy is different but I don't know if the design differs to account for it.

From Mrs, "Which one is prettier? I want the pink one!"

And also, "Don't say I said that! I'll sound like a right girl, I'm only joking"...

Saves forking out for a new one for the very occasional paddle that she currently manages, so thanks very much :-)
    Chuckle. Mine is dirty, green, and smells of woodsmoke. Does this help?
    Covering as many malmiles as possible before being distracted by the pub!

Paddle Points - where to paddle

It's only relatively recently that BA manufactures (and shops) have realised that ladies are a different shape and have begun selling ones that actually fit.
    So, yes, ladies BA's are different.
    Last edited by jeff-d; 18th-August-2017 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff-d View Post
    It's only relatively recently that BA manufactures (and shops) have realised that ladies are a different shape and have begun selling ones that actually fit.
    So, yes, ladies BA's are different.
    That's a shame, it gives a legitimate reason not to use Mal's manly one!

(I'll be in trouble for this when it comes out)
    I refuse to let the fact that I haven't got a clue what I'm doing hold me back in any aspect of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Grey View Post
    Chuckle. Mine is dirty, green, and smells of woodsmoke. Does this help?
    Do you own ANYTHING that doesn't smell of woodsmoke??

Car near enough loaded (must remember canoe though). Myself and Pete (Sirus) hoping to get there around 4/5 ish.

Looking forward to it people.
    If I could only paddle like a doggie oughta paddle

Setting out soon. Have wood and baked products in tins. See you all about 8.30.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle Jester View Post
    Setting out soon. Have wood and baked products in tins. See you all about 8.30.
    why have you put the wood in tins?

Much thanks to Jon for all the organisation. We had a quality time and got back without drama.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Robin
    The early bird may catch the worm... but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Seconded!

An excellent weekend, and the paddling was far better than might have been expected between motorways, pylons, Midlands towns etc, especially the bits of natural river. Importantly, there were also a smattering of excellent canal-side pubs, with top ales, and more than a few fabulous SOTP-baked cakes and savouries.

Thanks to Jon for such an excellent job of organising the weekend, and for paying the bloke with a chainsaw to play only when I sang, not anybody else

Good to see everybody.

Thirded.

Great wkend with old friends and new. Thanks Jon and everyone...

....and for paying the bloke with a chainsaw to play only when I sang, not anybody else
    .... we all chipped in for that
    If I could only paddle like a doggie oughta paddle

Home safe after a lovely weekend Car mostly empty and tea make by swiftgit. Now just need to find some spare time for another one!
    Can we go paddling?

Great weekend! Really good to see everyone.

Thanks for the organisation Jon, thanks to the chefs in the bakeoff and thanks to Al for paddling me around on Saturday.

Great weekend, cheers for organising jon, nice to see faces old and new! we had a great bash on the river tonight. Ruby paddling a pink beer cooler and me not paddling a yellow beer cooler (splash), ruby running the seal launch on her own without getting wet and me of course running it and getting wet. Cheers to potty, nettie and the gang for use of the boats and safety boating.
    If in doubt, hit it with a hammer!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyads View Post
    Great weekend, cheers for organising, we had a great bash on the river tonight. Ruby paddling a pink beer cooler and me not oaddling a yellow beer cooler, ruby running the seal launch on her own with out getting wet and me of course running it and getting wet. Cheers to potty, nettie and the gang for use of the boats and safety boating.
    Wish I'd stayed now, though sadly I was right about the cold coming on...throat like a badger's arse now...might have to gargle Laphroaig.

Good to see you, Ruby and George.

Nice to see you again mal, shame bout the cold, ruby was running the seal launch till it was dark, shes defo a canoe girl came really out of her shell tonight

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyads View Post
    Nice to see you again mal, shame bout the cold, ruby was running the seal launch till it was dark, shes defo a canoe girl came really out of her shell tonight
    No doubt inspired by your efforts on the weir earlier!!!

Oh yes i dont think i have been dry all weekend

I would just like to thank the team of butlers who stepped up to the mark and supplied me with............. well everything really. It was a treat to just fly in with next to nothing and be looked after like royalty.

A special thanks to Jon for all his hard work in setting this up. It was a perfect weekend due to his organisational skills.
    Big Al.

Only when the last tree has died
    and the last river been poisoned
    and the last fish been caught
    will we realise we cannot eat money.
    ~Cree Indian Proverb

Thanks All for a great weekend on and off the water (may be in the water) thanks again to John and every one we met as GP girl said lets find time to join you again.
    I live with DANGER every day and she keeps making me go paddling

My body clock's still on camping mode, so I'm wide awake at 5.30, but feeling very happy as we've both had a great weekend. Thank you for putting all the work in to organise, Jon, and Jewels and others. You have broken a fundamental rule and pleased all the people, all the time!

I will add the plaudits.....excellent weekend of fun, with some added canoeing.

Thanks Jon and Jewels ("the enforcer") for organising everything. The laminated signs around the place was a nice touch. The SOTP neon style sign was fantastic.

It was truly a cracking weekend, thanks very much to both those organising and attending. Mrs has said several times how welcome she felt and how much she enjoyed the day and the company.

I think its quite remarkable that the 'club' has such a chilled out atmosphere whilst being organised enough to get slick events like this sorted. Great stuff, can't wait to do more like it.

Typing this has been the most my arms could manage...
    I refuse to let the fact that I haven't got a clue what I'm doing hold me back in any aspect of my life.

Thanks all for the kind words, it has been an honour and a privilege welcoming and hosting yus all in Lesta!

I've started a big-ish meet blog thread, so please feel free to lob photos, suggestions, comments thereon.

I would like to add to the thanks! John P and myself had a thoroughly wonderful time. Two fab days paddling and a great little camping field. One of the best canoeing weekends we've had for a very long time. Thank you very much for all your efforts organising it xxx

Hi Jon thanks a lot for organising the meet, it takes a lot of unseen work to make an event work, really enjoyed myself, thanks again

Thanks to all, particularly Jon and Jewels, for a great weekend. I enjoyed meeting everybody, and finding out who is behind the login names on the Forum, although I haven't managed to match up everybody yet! I will post some pictures and the recipe for Ginger Muffins on the blog, hopefully tomorrow.

I would also like to thank everyone there for restoring my faith in portaloos. They were a delight to use because everyone did what they were supposed to do.
    Big Al.

Only when the last tree has died
    and the last river been poisoned
    and the last fish been caught
    will we realise we cannot eat money.
    ~Cree Indian Proverb

Thank you Jon and Juliet for the great weekend. Really had a great weekend and great to meet some new faces from the forum as well as some of the usual suspects.
    Last edited by Sirus; 23rd-August-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Thanks for organising this trip.It was my first SOTP outing and I was made to feel welcome. A nice group of folk and a lovely day out for a paddle on the Sunday.
    ........... But where are the open boaters in the East of England ?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al. View Post
    I would also like to thank everyone there for restoring my faith in portaloos. They were a delight to use because everyone did what they were supposed to do.
    I second that.

It was great weekend and Autumn loved it.

Thank you to Jon and Juliet for all your hard work.

Doug
    When there's trouble on shore, there's peace on the wave,
    Afloat in the White Canoe.
    Alan Sullivan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234