Thread: Hello from Lucas

Default Hello from Lucas

Hello all,
    My name is Lucas. Christine and I recently moved to Edinburgh, Scotland from America. We brought along our 17' pakcanoe (it a folding open canoe - http://www.pakboats.com/) and Christine has purchased an old C1-to-be kayak since our arrival. We enjoy both canoe camping and whitewater trips, but are especially keen on doing some wilderness tripping while were here. We are both competent open boaters and are looking forward to meeting some folks.
    Thanks for putting together the website.

Lucas

Anyone know of the whereabouts of a Dagger Caption that's for sale?

Default welcome

Welcome to Scotland Lucas & Christine. We're just down the road at East Linton.

Some great paddling locally, though it's getting near 'breaking the ice' time.

Best of luck with your paddling

Alastair

Welcome. I imagine the paddling here will be pretty different form the US be interesting to hear what differences you find.

I have heard a lot of good things about the PakBoats only criticism I have ever heard was the price. My friends nearly went for one due to problems with storing a ridged one but eventually managed to find a home for a 14 foot Osprey.
    John

By the way, Christine and I don't have our own car, so if anybody is ever looking from someone to split petrol costs with from Edinburgh, or would like some free paddling lessons or just needs someone to paddle with and Edinburgh isn't too far out of the way, let us know.

Haven't found the rivers to dissimilar from where we were used to paddling in the southeast states. (Except for our inability to get to the rivers on our own). Maybe a bit more open views (less trees) and more sheep for sure. And we eat crisps and salsa at lunch instead of chips and salsa.

lucas