Thread: Rutland Water Kayaking, Leicestershire?

Default Rutland Water Kayaking, Leicestershire?

Hi there, just bought a new tent to try out (bought for the kids, but I fancy a go in it first) so I was going to pitch it up and test it at Rutland Water Friday night (tonight)

Looking at the place itself for a paddle seems pretty dire, as you are restricted to a very small area called Witwell Creek. Wondered if there was any canal routes or loops near to the place itself that anyone knew about and if anyone wanted to join me.

I realise its short notice, bit best made plans and all

Will be at a place called Lyndontop Friday and possibly Saturday night. Don't worry if you can't make it. I have a good book to read and steak to cook

Have look at Patterdale Paddler's blogs from Harringwortth which isn't far away
    MarkL
    www.canoemassifcentral.com
    Open Canoe hire/outfitting in the Massif Central
    ”We will make your trip work”

Quote Originally Posted by MarkL View Post
    Have look at Patterdale Paddler's blogs from Harringwortth which isn't far away
    Thanks Mark. Will check that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get onto/into the Gwash at Empingham - ditchy but good for adventure. Alternatively, the Welland from Gretton or Harringworth is great fun - water is a little low but OK this weekend.

Hiya Mr. Kampsta,

Sorry just seen this - paddlin' up to Church in d'morning otherwise I would have come on over. Have a great night/weekend!

Guessing you are already there, so, trust all is going well,........ enjoy!!