Thread: Welsh Countryside Access Petition Hand-over

Default Welsh Countryside Access Petition Hand-over

A petition calling on the National Assembly for Wales to urge Welsh Government to implement a Bill to to 'Establish Statutory Public Rights of Access to Land and Water for Recreational and Other Purposes' will be handed over at the Senedd on Tuesday 1st November.

If you support our aims, and have not yet signed, please sign now and share as widely as possible!

Paper forms are available if you would like to collect signatures by more traditional methods. If you would like .pdf files of the paper petition form (Welsh and/or English available) comment here or pm me.

Link to the online petition

Web address for the online petition: https://www.assembly.wales/en/gethom...PetitionID=906

Done. Worth adding that you don't have to be resident in Wales to sign the petition.
    I'm at that difficult age... somewhere between birth and death.

Thx Pam - think this has been posted previously (my email addy is already on the list), but commenting/bumping anyway.

This PETITION will be delivered to the Senedd tomorrow - last chance to sign! If you have signed please share as widely as possible :-)
    "We call on the National Assembly for Wales to urge the Welsh Government to implement a Bill to establish statutory public rights of access to land and water for recreational and other purposes. The bill should enshrine access rights and responsibilities for the public in the same way that the 2003 Land Reform (Scotland) Act encourages co-operative use of the outdoors for healthy, low impact recreation..."

Following the presentation of the petition I was interviewed by BBC Wales Radio - Good Evening Wales. It's here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b080dcjj - 42 mins in.

It was a very civilised discussion and I hope I represented our views calmly and succinctly.
    Keith

Thanks for doing that Keith
    I wonder whether Radio Wales had read the petition...

They certainly knew it was seeking a similar statute to the one that Scotland has had since 2003 so it seems so.
    Keith