Thread: MyCanoe trial 10th Sept - paddle of St Patrick's Stream and Thames

Default MyCanoe trial 10th Sept - paddle of St Patrick's Stream and Thames

Hi all,

Some of you will have noticed a post on the SOTP Facebook page regarding this new take on folding canoes, and also Adrian's thread about a meet the day before.

http://www.foldingconcepts.co.uk/detail_mycanoe.html

I'm getting hold of the MyCanoe from Adrian on the Friday evening, and will be trying it out on the Saturday by paddling part of the Thames and St Patrick's Stream. This will give anybody else the chance to try the canoe, but also just to enjoy a group paddle on this lovely stretch of river. We may add the Hennerton backwater too, depends on time and how long it takes to get sorted. Anybody wanting to paddle the canoe can just swap with me during the day.

I could also bring my Ally folder along if anybody wants to try that, though it will mean a slightly later start I suspect, by the time I've built both!

Meet at Mill Lane, Lower Shiplake. Limited roadside parking and a carry to the river including a kissing gate. 10am meet for 11am start Saturday 10th Sept, to allow build time. 3 hours just for lazy Thames/St P's, 5 hours if we then go on to the Hennerton. Roughly. Very roughly, probably!

Paddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac: Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle

I/we may make this, if I can persuade the various persons involved...

I'd love to join you but will be a few hundred miles away
    Looking forward to the review as I saw them at the Beale Park show.

Does it have a comfy seat?
    Bandy

CLICK THE LINK TO THE SCOTTISH CANOE TRIPS CHANNEL FOR VIDEOS OF MY TRIPS : http://www.youtube.com/user/bandy598

Chuckle. It looks comfortable Rob, though not sure yet on the best kneeling technique.

Nobody else around this weekend???

Providing the weather is ok we may be joining you for the paddle Mal although I promised the boys we'd go camping in the woods that night. What time were you thinking of finishing?
    Bootstrap
    There's no such thing as inclement weather - you're just incorrectly dressed

Hmm...wondering how we combine the two, given I have to drop the canoe back, or more likely its picked up by Simon, who may join us anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootstrap Bob View Post
    Providing the weather is ok we may be joining you for the paddle Mal although I promised the boys we'd go camping in the woods that night. What time were you thinking of finishing?
    On rethinking, overnight not possible for me. I guess we'd finish between 4 and 6! (pretty vague, eh!?)

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Grey View Post
    On rethinking, overnight not possible for me. I guess we'd finish between 4 and 6! (pretty vague, eh!?)
    I will be taking them to our local woods where we will be meeting up with other kids and dads from the village. And uncle Mals if you like.
    Pizzas in the reflector oven around the camp fire I think.
    Bootstrap
    There's no such thing as inclement weather - you're just incorrectly dressed