Thread: River Dane - Middlewich to Northwich, Sunday 14th August.

Default River Dane - Middlewich to Northwich, Sunday 14th August.

Fancy paddling the Dane on Sunday. Meeting at the rural and idylic location of the big layby outside Middlewich tip for 9:30am to sort a shuttle.

Short paddle on the canal, then switching over to the river. About 9 miles total. Canal runs by the river for the first 3 or 4 miles, so if it proves to be too tree-y (haven't paddled here for almost three years) we can switch back to the canal.

Pretty much flat/gently moving water, but from memory, there's some fast flowing sections with overhanging trees, so ability to steer reasonably well would be a plus.

There's a weir just after the A556 road bridge which I've run before - may not run this time. Looks like you can walk around it.

If no takers, I'll probably still go and investigate the potential loop on the Dane and canal.

I'm reliably informed that it's a nightmare to get back to the canal from the river. So bring saws.

I'm up for that. See you there.

Martin

Sounds like a race, only kidding ... I'll be with you in spirit as I'm working Sun ... have fun and blogg it, please
    DCUK
    Can't ytpe or roopf read

Quote Originally Posted by Potty Paddler View Post
    Sounds like a race, only kidding ... I'll be with you in spirit as I'm working Sun ... have fun and blogg it, please
    Mike, you're retired... and you work more than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle Jester View Post
    I'm up for that. See you there.

Martin
    Great stuff. That's three of us now. I'll make a Google map of the put in and take out later.

[QUOTE=Per;617739]Mike, you're retired... and you work more than I do.

I have no idea how I ever found the time to go to proper work, thankfully I gave that up and I now get paid for having fun, sometimes this gets in the way of having personal fun ... but it's still fun
    DCUK
    Can't ytpe or roopf read