Thread: Ride the Tide

Default Ride the Tide

Weather and wind are looking good for a trip this Sunday. Does anyone fancy riding the tide from Haverthwaite along the Leven and across the estuary to finish at the pub - Bay Horse, Ulverston? If there's time we could even paddle back along the cut to town!

Any takers, Ulverston high tide is 09:30, due to other commitments I can be in Ulverston for 10:30.

What d'ya say?
    Andy,
    (Cumbria)

Ounce is offline 28.3495 grams - not a heavy weight! Administrator

We'd get a fair way up the Crake with a 10.30 start at Greenodd Andy - provided I get approval from management I'd be up for that.
    -------------------------
    You! Off my planet!

You won't get much beyond penny bridge on the crake and the only fun but coming back is the weir at the end.

Sounds like a grand plan gentlemen. I don't think I'll be able to make it but I'll keep dropping hints

Ounce is offline 28.3495 grams - not a heavy weight! Administrator

Penny Bridge is only a half hour paddle without the push from the tide, T and I did it in the back end. Ah well perhaps we'll have to rethink that then.
    -------------------------
    You! Off my planet!

Would have loved to but taking my daughter camping up Eskdale. Maybe next time, I have been wanting to get a bit of salty paddling in the bag for a while.
    If in doubt, hit it with a hammer!!

Nice one Jimmy - you going to Fisherground? We've had some wonderful family camps up there. Take the boat, you're only 30 mins from Wastwater - epic paddle.

Have a great trip.
    Andy,
    (Cumbria)

Yeah Fisherground we love it there, prices getting a bit steep now but it keeps the nipper quiet. Was thinking of chucking it on Ill check the wind speeds the night before, she dont like a swell. Plus trying to get her out of the pond is a nightmare.
    If in doubt, hit it with a hammer!!

Sadly Fisherground is getting a bit spendy - I remember one BH they took our cash and after an hour of looking and sizing up we still couldn't get a pitch - refunded and over the hill to Coniston!

But on a good day!!! My girls used to call it Park in the Dark - as they were allowed to play 'til they dropped. As for the pond we'd get through more clothes in a W/E than during a fortnight in Spain!

Another nice site is Hoathwaite on Coniston - right on the lake!
    Andy,
    (Cumbria)