Thread: Halifax paddlers willing to let me have a go in a canoe?

Default Halifax paddlers willing to let me have a go in a canoe?

Hello all. It has been a few years since I sadly sold my canoe and I am now looking to return to the open boat. Thing is it's been quite a while and I wanted to ask if anyone in the Halifax area would be willing to let me have a go in a boat, offer a little tuition to see if I can still do it and will once again be bitten by the bug? I'd rather try it this way than pay out for a new canoe to realise I'm not able to do it or don't really enjoy it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I will provide lunch 😉
    Leone_blanco

I could meet you in the middle (say Pugneys) in the week after Easter.

That's very kind of you gordon. I usually have Tuesday off work if this is agreeable?
    Leone_blanco

That works for me! I'll bring my venture prospector 16 and Apache 15 so we can get on the water together and you can try out two quite different boats. Both are at the cheaper end of the market as well, so it's not too big a commitment at the start of a hobby.
    Have you got a pfd etc?

I have a BA and a few bits of kit left so should be ok thanks. Will be good to get back on the water. Thank you ��
    Leone_blanco

PM me your contact details and we'll pin down times and the like nearer the day.

Nuts want to say thank you for today Gordon, you're a proper gent, great to paddle two different boats back to back. Despite Pugneys being closed!?! A very pleasant trip was had. I really need to get paddle fit again but despite this I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you once again.
    Leone_blanco

No problem Lee - it was nice to do a different bit of water, and we managed to dodge the showers as well. Thanks for providing such a handsome lunch too!