Thread: Looking for a open boat group/club near holmfirth

Default Looking for a open boat group/club near holmfirth

As above. I moved about 8months ago to the area and we want to do more. Interested in most types of paddling.

Thanks

Rich

Your local club is Pennine CRC... based beside RokT in Brighouse, at Mirfield, in Dewsbury.... and pretty much everywhere else there's water!

We've got a handful of open boats and some keen open boaters... and we have contact with other canoeists, including a few who know each other through Scouts / other clubs - including a few from the Halifax club

Your Regional Development Team is also working on access to water in your patch.

I'd gladly meet up and paddle sometime. The Calder's good... as is the Aire... and sometime soon I'd like to explore the Colne

Thanks. Would be good to meet up for some paddling. Never been on the calder either.

Hi - I live in Wooldale & kayak as well as canoe. As Greg says, Pennine is good at Brighouse. I'm with both Sheffield CC and Halifax CC. Both have a number of open boats for members. Halifax are based at Sowerby Bridge and have a slalom course and offer pretty good tuition sessions on summer evenings for open boaters. Sheffield have a stretch on the Don at Oughtibridge (about 25 mins away) and have a session there most Sunday mornings. There are often a mix of Kayaks and Canadians there. (Although levels in summer arent always suitable for OC's). In addition to all this I regularly arrange OC paddles for a group of people and have a couple coming up soon. You are welcome to tag along on any of the above events. PM me if you fancy chatting about it some more.
    ....Glub.....

[IMG][/IMG]