Thread: This can't be right

Default This can't be right

Fish in Bristol lake to be euthanised to deter fishing
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-35134740

link to a news report on the BBC.

Isn't that the same as "quota" fishing at sea ... non-target species and over quota catch dumped ... in effect the sea fish stocks euthanised to the detriment of the future fishing ... if we could euthanise the perpetrators of these daft ideas we could preserve aquatic life and increase the average IQ
    DCUK
    Can't ytpe or roopf read

Usual council mismanagement.
    Was this, by any chance, all brought about by the council overcharging for fishing rights, driving off the responsible anglers and leaving it open to cowboy litterbugs.
    There are three types of people in the world:
    Those who can count and those who can't.

I think the permit was 3

The local council did the same in our village, they took over the site of an old dye works that included 3 small reservoirs. They arranged for the EA to net the trout so as to stop all fishing. The argument was that it was impossible to police the fishing so it was better just to get rid of it and all the associated costs, as usual it was down to saving money. When the mill was working it was well stocked by the works manager as his perk, as most of the village worked for him the policing was easy, poach my fish get the sack.
    "Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men"
    Grp Cpt Sir Douglas Bader CBE,DSO,DFC,FRAeS.

Default This can't be right

Plenty of people still fish this water and it contains some rather large carp, from the little knowledge I have of what's going on it seems the local residents and council are trying to put a stop to fishing on the lake as it is supposedly bad for the wild fowl and prevents the locals enjoying the lake/nature. They clearly don't understand that the fish they want to euthanise/ get shot of are a big part of the Eco system they want to protect and enjoy. There is a link to a petition that can be signed if you so wish...to try and prevent this from happening which I will post shortlly.

Added link

https://www.change.org/p/bristol-cit...edium=copylink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devon ..just up from the bottom and right a bit.

At first I was shocked at the thought... Then read that fish were "very unwell" . Bio security in British waterways is paramount and moving sick fish around is not an option.

What bugs me is the water has been allowed to get to this condition in the first place . If they had enrolled the help of knowledgeable anglers and embraced best practice in fisheries management this needn't happen and an ecological balance could of been acheived.

A pond like that could of been used for disabled folk to fish or just as a great natural place.. Oh well...guess it's too late now.
    Last edited by Teign Beaver; 22nd-December-2015 at 08:16 AM.

Just another thread regarding fish to demonstrate about how little most people, feel about fish. Nothing! Hence only 7 replies since this was posted.

Image if they were thinking of euthanising the ducks to safeguard the fish? There'd be thousands of people objecting.

When the council claim the fish are 'unwell' I wonder exactly do they mean?

That said, the ducks foul (no pun intended) the water much, much more than the fish and so do the folk who throw huge amounts of food into the ponds/lakes for them to eat.
    http://www.davidwperry.blogspot.co.uk/