Thread: LFOTM*... (Glasgow pub meet)

Cool LFOTM*... (Glasgow pub meet)

It's that time of year again for the celebrated pre Christmas lunchtime social meet at the Counting House on George Sq., Glasgow with food, pint and chat (possibly even canoe chat although this is frowned upon).

However as as it is Christmas, the day has been moved to the LTBC* with a 1pm lunch. Myself and Lakeland Pete will be there with all others welcome.

*LFOTM - Last Friday Of The Month
    *LTBC - Last Tuesday Before Christmas
    Chris

I've added it to my diary but as it is the last day I am working before the holidays its really hard to gauge if I will be free.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by MagiKelly View Post
    I've added it to my diary but as it is the last day I am working before the holidays its really hard to gauge if I will be free.
    By "free" do you mean "sober"!?

If it was this Thursday (SLTBC), I could have joined you with a bit of juggling(visiting a supplier).
    Paddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac: Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle

Ditto LWBC would have worked better but you'll never please all of the people.... I'll try and get some juggling done too to try and make it.
    Cheers,

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Grey View Post

If it was this Thursday (SLTBC), I could have joined you with a bit of juggling(visiting a supplier).
    That'll be this Friday when we have the work Christmas lunch

I might be be able to find some free time on Thursday if you have time for a coffee on your travels.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Grey View Post

If you are around, I wouldn't say no to a SLTBC. Always like to accomodate travellers from afar and share some Glasgwegian hospitality.

Let us know as like MK, I work in / close to the town centre.
    Chris

I might be be able to find some free time on Thursday if you have time for a coffee on your travels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrish View Post
    If you are around, I wouldn't say no to a SLTBC. Always like to accomodate travellers from afar and share some Glasgwegian hospitality.

Let us know as like MK, I work in / close to the town centre.

Looking at the flight schedule, and being reliant on Vango to take us to and from airport, and not now going into Glasgow itself, its not likely to be easy I'm afraid. If I wasn't travelling with others, I might have found a way, but can't see it.
    Paddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac: Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle

I was just looking to see when we first did this and it was apparently June 2007 so we should think about the plans for our tenth anniversary in June 2017 (any big event like this needs lots of fore planning and regular meeting to ensure success )
    Chris