Thread: SE region ACM and waterways and Environment workshop

Default SE region ACM and waterways and Environment workshop

The South East region ACM and paddler workshops are taking place on Saturday 7th November at Wey kayak club. Full details are posted below. What should be of interest to this forum are details of the Waterways and Environment Workshop that is taking place in the morning

To all paddlers and clubs in South East Region

You are invited to th SE Regon Paddler and club workshops, Regional ACM and Regional Volunteer's awards presentation on Saturday 7th November 2015 at Wey Kayak Club, the Guildford Waterside Centre, Riverside, Guildford, Surrey GU1 1LW This day is free to attend.

Timetable

9.15am Arrival
    9.30am Workshop A Event Safety or Workshop B Environment and Waterways
    12.30pm Lunch (Provided by the region)
    1.30pm ACM and awards presentation

Event Safety Workshop is being delivered by Lynn Barker. British Canoeing are funding one place per club with the objective that every club will have a member who has attended this workshop.To attend this workshop you must book in advance with Aimee Sallis at British Canoeing aimee at britishcanoeing.org.uk There area maximum of 15 places available.

Environment and Waterways workshop will be delivered by Kevin East (British Canoeing Waterways Manager) and Noel Humphrey. It will include the Environmental awarness presentation, information on non-native invasive species, a guest speaker (TBC) and an update on waterways issues in SE Region.To attend this workshop please book via Noel Humphrey electron at nhumphrey.freeserve.co.uk

We would like to invite nominations to stand for the committee. If you are a Canoe England member and would like to play a part in the region's activities or represent one of the disciplines then please send your nomination stating the role you would like to hold, proposed and seconded by a CE member, to the secretary, Michael Bannister michael at frybannister.plus.com by 1st November.

To send your apologises for the ACM contact the Secretary, Michael Bannister michael at frybannister.plus.com

The South East Region RDT look forward to seeing you on the 7th

Thanks, sounds good, and I hopefully will be able to make this one as I'm interested in the Enviro & Waterways workshop, though can't book yet as I may be away.
    Covering as many malmiles as possible before being distracted by the pub!

Paddle Points - where to paddle

Excellent. Bit far for me but all being well, I should think a few from the Open Canoe Association will attend.

For reference: a link to details on the SE Region Website.