Thread: Welsh Gov Green Paper 2015

Default Welsh Gov Green Paper 2015

Time to make your voice heard again.

We already have access rights. Now it looks like the Welsh Government want to take it away.

http://gov.wales/consultations/envir...doors/?lang=en

"It is the Welsh Government’s view that access arrangements should be drawn up by landowners and riparian owners, consulted upon, and then put in place." This must be challenged! Smells like "permission". see page 26

Responded

I note the following statement in reference to the Scottish legislation(see my italics).

There may be merit in considering legislation to establish a statutory level of accesson which to base such arrangements. Even with the certainty of statute determiningwho has access to inland waters in Scotland, there continues to be areas wherelocal interests agree voluntary management arrangements. These are in place toallow for better quality of experience for all users. For example, arrangements candesignate a stretch of river for fishing for a certain number of days per week andcanoeing for the other days. These arrangements are the result of negotiationsbetween all the interests, including local authorities, and help to promote betterunderstanding and tolerance.

The only agreements that I am aware of only involve commercial activity providers - no agreements restrict the general public's rights of access at all times (unless someone knows different).

I have also responded.
    Ken

Done and posted on outdoor swimming society facebook page