Thread: General access in wales

Journal Entries

Default General access in wales

I reveived the following from WAG which may be of interest.

Dear Mr Andrews,

We did meet with the Minister in November and he has since announced his intention to publish a green paper for consultation on access and outdoor recreation before the end of the Assembly term.

There is no published timetable but you’re contact details are still on our stakeholder list so you’ll be informed when it is available.

Kind regards,
    Catrin.

Can you tell me who sent you the information and what you had asked please?

I suspect its another stalling tactic by Welsh government, I believe this is the 4th time they will have looked at the issue since WAG was formed.
    Also the simple fact is without a working majority the Welsh Gov cannot force any changes through.

Journal Entries

Hi Quicky,

I have been battering away at access both locally in Carmarthenshire, mostly footpaths but also for inland waterways the latter with WAG for what seems a lifetime.

The minister before the current Carl Sergeant promised a Green Paper on access generally throughout Wales. Then there was a change in ministers and he wanted to have yet another review. It is the latter I have been keeping an eye on and the post above is the latest information.

On another access situation is that with Dwr Cymru and Llyn Brianne. They are not responding and I will shortly write to the Chief Executive to nudge his officials - not holding my breath there mind.

The WAG contact is Catrin.Dellar@Wales.GSI.Gov.UK

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Andrews View Post
    I reveived the following from WAG which may be of interest.

Dear Mr Andrews,

We did meet with the Minister in November and he has since announced his intention to publish a green paper for consultation on access and outdoor recreation before the end of the Assembly term.

There is no published timetable but you’re contact details are still on our stakeholder list so you’ll be informed when it is available.

Kind regards,
    Catrin.
    If they met with the Minister last November and he announced an intention to publish a Green Paper before the end of the assembly term hasn't he missed his deadline, presuming of course that the end of the assembly term was when Parliament (and Welsh Assembly) were dissolved at the start of the run up to these election?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 25272527 View Post
    If they met with the Minister last November and he announced an intention to publish a Green Paper before the end of the assembly term hasn't he missed his deadline, presuming of course that the end of the assembly term was when Parliament (and Welsh Assembly) were dissolved at the start of the run up to these election?
    Mike
    The current Welsh assembly does not have an election until 2016.

The Assembly year has periods of "recess". If a "term" is the period in between then including November last year it would have ended about mid December.

However if "term" refers to the whole period of the elected assembly it will end in May 2016, but publishing a paper at the end of an Assembly would not make sense so one would think that the term in question ended in December.