Thread: River Wye TV tonight

Default River Wye TV tonight

Hi
    BBC2 Wednesday 13th Natural World - 21:00

11/11 - Wye - Voices from the Valley

This is an unashamedly lyrical and dreamy film, packed with glowing sunsets, dewy apples and shards of light dancing on the water. The thread that runs throughout is the River Wye and a handful of people who make their living near it - a beekeeper, a fisherman, a farmer and a cidermaker (probably the butcher, baker and candlestick-maker were elsewhere at the time). They love the Wye and talk of it (her?) as if it's a person. The river is in their souls, and it's easy to see why. The landscape and countryside are voluptuous and so beautifully filmed it's like watching a poem. There's nothing for it but to sit back and surrender to glorious shots of the countryside through the seasons - from frost-rimed fields to sundrenched orchards.

May be worth a look?

Nigel
    If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
    Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away" --Henry David Thoreau

Definitely worth a look. I love the Wye, and fish it whenever I can ( but have never paddled it ......... so far).

Great Call - really enjoyable.
    I've paddled most of the Wye from Llangurig to the sea - but I've fished none of it.

Yet.

Thanks Nigel

I'm hoping to paddle the Wye for 7 days in July, so i shall watch with interest.

Rich