Thread: Free Thread

Default Free Thread

A Free Items thread/section would be useful....wouldn't it? As in for items that people want to pass on for no money.

I was going to say that they could just post in For Sale but put FREE in the title, but of course then they still need to be contributing members so it doesn't make sense to do that unless you already contribute!

At the moment, its rare enough to not really matter where they're posted I guess, but it would be nice to think more of us think of it when we finish with stuff. I've been the recipient of a few things from SOTP friends, just not through the forum itself. I should have a clear out sometime.
    Paddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac: Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle

Just stick it in classifieds and title it up as 'Free' or even swaps
    Last edited by Chainsaw; 25th-March-2015 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Mal's point about contributing members
    Cheers,

Alan

When I've had stuff to give away, I've just listed it in 'General' and made it fairly obvious what the thread was about in the title. I don't think it merits a whole section all to itself.
    Juvanile delinkwit, vaguely faffing around with a pair of pliers. Du skal ikke tro at du er bedre end mig!

Hi yes I have things that could be cleared out also, am always finding things along the Wye, last weekend 3 mess tins with folding handles, an Ainsworth paddle blade and a Goretex MTP hooded coat, would be handy to just have a dedicated free slot to advertise it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Grey View Post
    I was going to say that they could just post in For Sale but put FREE in the title, but of course then they still need to be contributing members so it doesn't make sense to do that unless you already contribute!

At the moment, its rare enough to not really matter where they're posted I guess, but it would be nice to think more of us think of it when we finish with stuff. I've been the recipient of a few things from SOTP friends, just not through the forum itself. I should have a clear out sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockhopper View Post
    When I've had stuff to give away, I've just listed it in 'General' and made it fairly obvious what the thread was about in the title. I don't think it merits a whole section all to itself.
    May be more stuff would be given away if there was a slot for it.

Crow is offline こんにちは。私はカラスと私はスコットラ ンドの出身で す。

No need for a section. Just pm me and I'll take it off your hands.

Here comes the future and you can't run from it
    If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it

Crow Trip Log

If you find valuable stuff you could try the UK Rivers Guidebook Lost/Found section

Or what about putting it in the swaps/wanted section here - just swap for good karma?

The Swaps section is where I have always the jghj these posts should go. I am sure this was discussed before and this was the conclusion then too. You do not need to be a contributing member to post in the swaps section which was part of the reason that section seems the most appropriate. I'll change the section title in a second to reflect this to make it clearer.
    John