Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome to the Open Canoe Association :)

Quote Originally Posted by MattC View Post
    Hi All
    Some while back I thought I'd managed to do a provisional/temp sign up/join to OCA as would like to try some of the meets. Now for some reason (being an ICT ludite) there's no way I can get back in to it to ask if I can come along to Devon trip 31st Oct. Any suggestions?

Thanks

MattC

Please email Paula via membership@opencanoe.info and Greg our webmaster and chair via chairman@opencanoe.info between them they will sort out your membership.

Regards

Anyone know why I am getting no responce from the OCA? I applied for access to the forum and recieved this on 19th September "Thank you for registering at The Open Canoe Association. Your application for an account is currently pending approval. Once it has been approved, you will receive another e-mail containing information about how to log in, set your password, and other details."
    Since then I have heard nothing! I replied to the email on 28/9 and still have heard nothing

Quote Originally Posted by kharga View Post
    Anyone know why I am getting no response from the OCA?
    Apologies for the delay. I did see the e-mail but life's been a little hectic of late. Situation now rectified!

Our system for people joining / renewing appears to run pretty well... mainly because it requires a small payment (usually £15) and that seems to weed out potential spammer / hackers.

Unfortunately, our free registration for potential members mostly seems to attract fake accounts. Some are easy to spot... as the email address is clearly fake... but many are hard to spot - and recognising the applications we want to "unblock" is currently proving a challenge - especially if working on a smartphone

Ps. I've just gone through a backlog of applications and have approved a few which had slipped through the net. If anyone's still waiting... PM me here on SoTP

Thanks for a rapid response I have checked the website but can't see what i get with my membership?
    Last edited by kharga; 5th-October-2015 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kharga View Post
    Thanks for a rapid response I have checked the website but can't see what i get with my membership?
    OK - at present you're registered as a Prospective member... which means you're insured to start attending our events as our guest - and as that doesn't cost us anything, we don't charge you anything

As a Prospective Member you should now have a full account on the website. This does unlock some functions on the site... and in the months to come, as we go live with things like our Wiki (happening in the background) and get the communications side working more effectively, you'll see significant benefits.

Most significantly for now, we can now flag up member-only deals for you and when we next add an event with online registration (as we did for Canoefest) you'll be ready to go...

Is the association still going? Registered as a prospective member about a month ago but despite sending a couple of emails to see if there is a problem have heard nothing apart from the the instant automatic email.

Still going, post on the Facebook page as that should get you a reply from someone on the committee.

OK thanks, will do.

I know it's way back in the thread & rather old, but did anything ever come of maybe being able to buy waterways licenses through the OCA rather than BC? I know who'd I'd rather give my money to.

Hi Iíve registered with the OCA Iíve not received a confirmation email or anything yet?? Is it worth trying to register again??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Weekender View Post
    Hi Iíve registered with the OCA Iíve not received a confirmation email or anything yet?? Is it worth trying to register again??
    Unfortunately, we received dozens of bogus attempted registrations on the website each week... so sometimes the ones which should get approved get missed!

Drop me a PM with the e-mail address you used and I can switch you from "blocked" to "active"...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12