Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NW England Access Seminar

Madmoir wrote
    Ive noticed that no one from the northwest actually cares about access
    ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

to the rivers that are here in the northwest cos they are a rubbish paddle.
    "Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid. John Wayne.....

to the rivers that are here in the northwest cos they are a rubbish paddle.

and you base that opinion on what exactly?

Seeing as it's been a while I thought I would paddle the Ribble recently. It's a nice intro or touring trip with a few good practice spots to get people used to ferrying, surfing and breaking in/out.

We saw herons, a bat, and an otter. Fantastic.

Most fishermen were also fine. Unfortunately one decided to video us, tell us that we were trespassing and then call us all w***ers. Nice!

He didn't spoil the day, but why on earth do people get so upset with someone paddling quietly and politely past them? There is so much trouble in the world at the moment, some fishermen really need to get some perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike A View Post

Most fishermen were also fine. Unfortunately one decided to video us, tell us that we were trespassing and then call us all w***ers. Nice!

He didn't spoil the day, but why on earth do people get so upset with someone paddling quietly and politely past them? There is so much trouble in the world at the moment, some fishermen really need to get some perspective.

Quite possibly he was using the wrong bait and decided on larger game.

Unfortunately one decided to video us
    Was he just upstream of the weir? Next time, I'm going to video him. Some of his rant at us would fall into the category of threatening behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_B View Post
    Was he just upstream of the weir? Next time, I'm going to video him. Some of his rant at us would fall into the category of threatening behaviour.
    I think it was in the beats just after Mitton Hall and before the Hodder joins, so after the weir.

Nb, reading this stream of posts I am not sure why there is such a downer on the Ribble by one of the posters. It's a lovely river to paddle.
    Last edited by Mike A; 29th-November-2016 at 07:19 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12