Moderator:Admins

PM's - Reply All

PM's - Reply All

Dec 11, 2014#1

Sorry if it's been asked before but is there any way to Reply All on pm's where there are multiple recipients?

27K3,045
    Contributing Member
    27K3,045

Dec 11, 2014#2

Don't think so. It is a pain!
      SMopencanoePaddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac:

Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle

Dec 11, 2014#3

As I'm sure others do, I copy recipients, paste,remove myself, change all commas to semicolons and reply. Does seem a bit medieval

Impcanoe.

Dec 11, 2014#4

Facebook lol :) had the same problem with forum PM so use Facebook for all group chats most of my paddling buddy's are on it anyway so no big deal ...

Dec 11, 2014#5

I'm sure its because I'm a paid up luddite geriatric, but I find face book impenetrable, full of extraneous stuff belonging to one of my other lives. I have just reconnected with a ski buddy from years ago, but its a very small plus. And why, on earth, do face book posters think we might be even vaguely interested in the banality of some of what they post.

SOTP sees well mannered people posting on subjects which interest me, in a manner which I can access easily, and with mods to keep us on the straight and narrow.

Impcanoe

20K2,260
            Administrator
            20K2,260

Dec 11, 2014#6

It's not an option and yes it should be but I'm stuck to the forum spftware settings pretty much.
              John

Every time a canoe trip is not blogged on SotP, God makes a new kayaker.  SMopencanoe

Dec 11, 2014#7

Impcanoe wrote:I'm sure its because I'm a paid up luddite geriatric, but I find face book impenetrable, full of extraneous stuff belonging to one of my other lives. I have just reconnected with a ski buddy from years ago, but its a very small plus. And why, on earth, do face book posters think we might be even vaguely interested in the banality of some of what they post.

SOTP sees well mannered people posting on subjects which interest me, in a manner which I can access easily, and with mods to keep us on the straight and narrow.

Impcanoe
                You got your settings all wrong Peter that's all :D you can have it so you only see posts from friends and even fine tune it so you don't see what some of them post if they are on it all the time cluttering up your newsfeed ...

And as a tool for posting and organising meets using a private group or private group PM and events its hard to beat :) as you know from the River T trips this year all organised through Facebook :)

I'm not in anyway having a pop at SOTP and its great .... But I like to get out on the river and organise paddle with friends and find its easier to manage who's coming to a meet with the FB events tool than the copy and paste add your name to the list on the meets section ...

Dec 11, 2014#8

ok pip. I'll seek assistance from my grandchildren, but I'm pretty sure I already cut a lot of rubbish. Actually, I'm only on Facebook because of you and Matt and your swing away from SOTP.

Dec 11, 2014#9

Impcanoe wrote:ok pip. I'll seek assistance from my grandchildren, but I'm pretty sure I already cut a lot of rubbish. Actually, I'm only on Facebook because of you and Matt and your swing away from SOTP.
                    I can't speak for Matt but he's really got a great private group set up with C-boating UK and I think its works so well because all the members world wide are passionate about paddling Spec boats the main problem on SOTP is threads relating to spec boats just get swallowed up and lost amongst all the other threads ... Maybe a section for WW related boating trad and OC1 would help but tbh most are on FB and it works ...

Dec 11, 2014#10

Can't let this lie. I've checked my settings on Facebook. I'm a member of your open canoe group, and of Matt's, and of the 5o5 dinghy class.and I have a few Friends. My face book is cluttered with photos of people's extensions, day trips out, photos of children, Tilley hats, and stickers, some of which, but not all, are of interest. At the moment, the most interesting might be the Washburn release, but I have their calendar anyway.

Until you and Matt took off, there was a long running thread on Sotp, on which OC1 paddlers were invited to post their intended trips so that others could join them. This worked well, and if my memory serves me right, produced a big gathering of OC1 paddlers at the Dee Festival. Before your time Pip I think.

From my stand point, not an improvement, but I happy to go along with the facebook thing, if that's what every one wants. SOTP continues to provide me with contacts and meets for my paddling. I just wish that reply all was available.

Impcanoe

Dec 11, 2014#11

Oh well, it's a small price to pay. I try to avoid FB, mainly as I'm scared I'll accidentally find out what my 2 teenagers are up to and I'd rather carry on in blissful ignorance.

Dec 11, 2014#12

what you reallymean is that they will be mortified by what the old man posts up!!
                          elveys wrote:Oh well, it's a small price to pay. I try to avoid FB, mainly as I'm scared I'll accidentally find out what my 2 teenagers are up to and I'd rather carry on in blissful ignorance.
                          nature is m X-box :D

Dec 12, 2014#13

a 'Reply All' button....the holy grail of SotP :D

Dec 12, 2014#14

​Change is inevitable; progress is optional.

Dec 20, 2014#15

I've had a different but related problem. When I've painstakedly entered multiple addresses in a PM and tried to send it I've received an error message that there are too many recipients. But clearly other people are sending messages to multiple recipients so what am I doing wrong?

Garth

20K2,260
                                Administrator
                                20K2,260

Dec 20, 2014#16

I think the limit is 10 people. Part of the reason for this is to prevent a spammer joining and sending a PM out to everyone in one go.
                                  John

Every time a canoe trip is not blogged on SotP, God makes a new kayaker.  SMopencanoe