Thread: Search facility

Default Search facility

So I was trying to search for the River Usk, but it tells me that's too short! Any way round this "feature"?

Try putting it in quotation marks

"River Usk"

What do you want to know about the Usk? Was there yesterday...

Paddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac: Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle

I searched on google like this........ river usk site:www.songofthepaddle.co.uk

Thanks all, threads found!

Mal - I was asking because we headed over from Bristol to do the (brilliant) "waterfalls walk" at the weekend & passed quite a few rivers. It'd never occurred to me to head to South Wales so I was starting some investigations. Any suggestions for a pair of novices who like moving water cause their canoe is so slow?!

Hi Lost,

The bit of the Usk from Brecon down to Talybont is grade I-II, so might suit. Assuming moderate water levels the main danger would be trees down, but the river is broad enough they should be available.

The Monnow is a nice river suitable for relative novices too, though narrower and more likely to find blockages.

I would suggest that if its your first moving water, you go with a few more experienced folk, and don't go on your own even at low grades. I wouldn't paddle alone on anything above very easy G1, you just never know.

There will be a blog of the next section down, Talybont to Crickhowell, up in the next day or so.
    Paddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac: Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle

Cheers, well I will look forward to that & keep an eye on the "meets" section then :-)

Quote Originally Posted by iis woz View Post
    I searched on google like this........ river usk site:www.songofthepaddle.co.uk
    Best answer - there's also no limit on how many of these Google searches you can do per 30 seconds.